Blue screen of death :'(

Yeah, my new computer (specs listed in sig) has been built since the 16th. it runs fine and has until today when I got the blue screen of death and when it restarted i got this.

I will tell you I haven't Overclocked it ever. it doesnt overheat its never gone past 43C.

If it happens again I wil have no idea what to do!!! Please help!

UPDATE

Went to event log and clicked the only event that was entitled "Error"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=0000:+74737953+45206d65+726f7272+72452020&btnG=Google+Search

Thats what I get.....I really need help because I don't want this to happen again!!!!

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I always got serious errors on my computer when I first got it, I think you can disable them, but I cant remember how.
Surely if you've built it, you'd have a windows install CD and you could just format, and re-install. I wouldn't have thought it'd be a hardware problem, because otherwise you'd have more problems than that
I suspect theres no real problem at all, its just windows doing what windows does ie crashing and generally screw up.
Given your situation, I'd just ignore it and hope things get better, if they dont, there could be something wrong

I'm prepared to bet that none of that ^^^^ is any help whatsoever

Actually, takes a load off me knowing It could be fine.

I will leave it as is but if it happens again I will reformat.

yeah, when I first XP, which was a few weeks after it came out, there were loads of serious errors, and then they just disappeared, I ignored them, and 3 years later, my computer is still runnning fine.

It was 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

It was a device driver mostly happens if you have unsigned drivers for Windows XP it might be faulty driver but you already formatted so you should be fine also don't format the hd everytime you have a problem with it.

Back
Top Bottom