Best Place for Hard Drives

karling07

Daemon Poster
I have a computer that runs Slackware 10.1 and was looking for a new harddrive. My current one is only like 6GB which is nothing. I am looking for 40GB-80GB. My question is, what place (online or offline) sells the CHEAPEST hard drives for the best quality?

Also, would there be a way to image my current hard drive so that what i currently have would be on the new HD?

Thanks!

What would you consider as 'Cheap'?
Hdd's are quite an underrated component these days, get a poor quality one and you'll regret it.
So what are you looking to spend and what currency do you use?

i use dollars and im hoping no more than $50 for a 20-40GB drive... but really the cheaper the better.

Elementary Wombat.
mackenzie, if you're only looking for 20-40gb for around $50 then that's not a problem, I know i'd be the first of many to suggest this, but take a look at www.newegg.com
Hope this helps somwhat

Val

Thanks! Also, are all hard drives the same size? Because I have a slimline PC which has a lot of parts that dont seem to be too compatible with any other PCs. Will any new standard HD work in the PC?

Thanks!

I imagine so, check the dimensions on the site, it'll tell you how many inches tall, wide etc it is and then you can double check to see everythings 100% fine.
Good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom