Somthing like XP Office

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Ok not asking for the CD KEY to it or anything. But I have lost my CD KEY for XP Office and well I heard of programs LIKE XP OFFICE that are free. Do any of you know of a program that is much like XP office that is legal and free? I'm sure theres freeware program like it.

I think Microsoft Works generally comes free with a computer, try that, I think its free, but its not as good as Word etc. Wordpad is installed on XP, its in Start -> all programs -> accessories -> wordpad, its an advanced notepad, with a few fonts. I used that for a few weeks before I got office, its ok really. I dont know of any that you can download though

I heard of one program a lot of linux users use. And I need somtihng with spell check and such.

oh right, I cant offer any alternatives, try using an outlooks email spell check, then just cut and paste to a wordpad document

Yeah, I have Open Office just because I am trying to be a good boy and not steal stuff from microsoft :p.

It is pretty good actually although I suggest getting the stable version and not the beta.

Computergen said:
Yeah, I have Open Office just because I am trying to be a good boy and not steal stuff from microsoft :p.

It is pretty good actually although I suggest getting the stable version and not the beta.

I think that it stays in beta. although I haven't been back to the home site for about 18 months... That is how long I hav ebeen using it...and trouble free although it is a bit slow on being rerouted from being opened on clicking on an office(M$) page to read or edit. My was a beta back then...never updated.

Open Office is a pretty good program...my only complaint is the slightly slower loading times compared to Office XP. Other than that, it's A OK! :)

I have open office on my machine only because I haven't got Microsoft Office yet....

Back
Top Bottom