Your opinions

David Lindon

Golden Master
As you know, I value everyones opinion on here and alot of people have been saying that things are too strick and so I will implement a 'warning points' system to remove arguements of whether a mod should have banned a member or not.

Anyway, I have posted some updated rules here: http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=4

Can you list the rules/actions that you find most offensive and in your opionion are the worst and those you don't think are a problem.

For example, posting spam would be top for the worst and 5 line sig could be at the bottom or not even needed etc.

Thanks.

I feel outright flaming of a product is wrong. Cussing it out without evidence to back it is WRONG. HOWEVER, flaming a product with sufficient evidence is NOT WRONG. If you have legitament evidence against a product, it should be "flamed" and people should be made aware why some other product is superior or a better choice.

Flaming product brands

1. 'Unuseful comments'
When in the for sale board, 'brand suck' should be edited and the user informed that this kind of thread is not allowed.
2. 'Advice threads'
'Which should I choose, brand A or brand B' -brand are not any good, because............
This is acceptable, because it is what is being asked for.
3. 'Advice threads' 2
'brand suck'
These will be edited.

Rule 2 should be EMPHASIZED.

The other rules tend to be ok in most cases. There are exceptions, but this PRODUCT FLAMING RULE is ridiculous... this is a forum devoted to peoples' opinions on technology, and without being profane or just outrightly stupid, people should be able to state their opinion on a product.

EXAMPLE OF WHAT AND WHAT NOT TO DO:

WHAT NOT TO DO:

Intel sucks.

WHAT TO DO:

Intel sucks because their processors use 31 pipelines which creates a massive amount of processing latency.

REASONS are required for an opinion.

Another example:

The MSI 6600GT is no longer a good choice.

Umm, no reason...

Better way of doing it:

The MSI 6600GT is no longer a good choice because it only supports OPEN GL 1.5 whereas the new eVGA 6600GT revised model supports OPEN GL 2.0.

So simple.. reasoning!

Um.. i hate to double post, but NONE of you other members have suggestions?? At least back us up or defend the rule... something.. participate guys! This is our chance at democracy, and voter turnout is at an all time low! ROCK THE VOTE!

something that shouldn't be toleraded is when someone says for definent that they are going with product b and ppl still try and shove product a down their throwts. other than that i think all the rules are fine.

Dishdog said:
something that shouldn't be toleraded is when someone says for definent that they are going with product b and ppl still try and shove product a down their throwts. other than that i think all the rules are fine.

To a point you are right, but with proper evidence, I feel it is appropriate to try to convince them otherwise, BUT ONLY with proper proof and data. Not just an opinion or wow.. you are dumb, etc.. that is just rude.

but if they have made up there mind and they have posted something like i have already decided on product b and i don't want to change it then the "proof" shouldn't be posted.

i agree what with darkblade, some people come here to get advise on what to buy. If someone comes in here going "omg i have the chance to pay only $70 for an mx4000!" it should be ok for somone to speak up and say, that card is garbage for games, and point them in a new direction

in that case they havn't said that they want to stick with a brand or a product so that is fine.

Back
Top Bottom