RMA to newegg questions

gamja.namja

Baseband Member
I was wondering what would happen if you tried to RMA something because it seemed like it was DOA, but actually wasn't because some other stuff on your comp was actually the thing that wasn't working?

Would newegg just send it back and make you pay something? And if so, what would that something be?

Dunno. Newegg is knwon for there custmer support so just give them a call. Heh they even know my true age and treat me as a adult which is somthing rare. Parents allow me to purchase online with their credit card if i can pay the fee

if it's reported as a DOA they will send it back to the manufacteral, they won't check a thing.

Actually with my ram they just checked it out, replaced it , ashipped it back. Dunno if it went to newegg though.

with tigerdirect if it's defective they ship it to away and just send you a new one.

Dishdog said:
with tigerdirect if it's defective they ship it to away and just send you a new one.

Newegg is the same, i RMAed dual 6600GTs a while back, and got them back fairly quickly from newegg themselves.

yea, I was just wondering cause I'm not exactly sure if my mobo is DOA or not, but i'm 80-90% sure it is, and I was hesitant to RMA it because it might turn out that it's not, and I dunno what they'll charge me if that happens

oh, and how would they know the difference between a fried mobo and a doa mobo? Cause i'm pretty sure I didn't fry my mobo (anti-static wrist strap) but just in case, if they find that it was fried, would they just send it back?

Back
Top Bottom