Building a Computer

All_Out_06

Baseband Member
Ok, my parents asked what i wanted for graduation, and i said i wanted to build my own desktop, and htey said well they were goin to buy me a laptop (which i would never use) and they were goin to spend about 800 bucks on it sooo.... i have 800 bucks to start off with, and i wannag et teh big stuff outta the way. So what processor, Mobo, and Video Card(s) could i get with 800 bucks? Im preferably looking for an SLI set up and i think i wanna go with AMD 64 bit. This system is gonig to be a good gaming machine, jsut givin u guys some info so u can hlep me decide whats best, ill let them buy that stuff, then ill buy the little things.

I dont know if you can build an SLI setup with 800 dollars. Are you going to overclock?

i kno i cant build a whole system, i jsut want them to buy the mobo and processor and video card for 800 bucks....ive seen sli mobos for liek 160 but i ahve n clue what to get...and no i wont overclock...too much money to be messing around and taking a chance of blowing stuff up

I'm not sure if im right or not, but if you transfer your old hard drive to your new comp (i assume thats what your doing?) you might have some conflicts, maybe im wrong tho. Aside from that, what kind of gamer are you, do you want to run HL2 on max everything and stuff like that, or do you just want the newer games to run smooth

lol nick, that was what i had picked out in my new egg basket a whi;le back i was jsut kinda guessing what mobo would be good and processor...haha but i had the 3800+ in there, how big of a difference is there between the 3500 and the 3800? and what kind of games do i paly, well, i like the game to look pretty :) just put it that way, i like to go as far as i can with the settings without sacrificing smoothness, so yea i wanna be able to play the newer games at like 1280 X 1024 reso, with at leaste 4XAA 4XAF, on high settings? is that askin to much, i thoguht about if i didnt do the SLI, id go with an ATI Radeon X850 Pro 256MB PCIe. and i paly like, well used to paly Far Cry, Doom 3...and i plan on playing CS:S, HL2, BF2, the newer, more graphics intense games...haha

um...

I'm staying out of this one. But just wanted to let you know html code doesn't work in here so you might want to edit your sig to get the code out. Might make it look better.

judging by your sig, it lookls like you already have a semi-gaming computer, but i guess if its power andgraphics you crave, go with the 3500+ over the 3800+, i guess if you want to spend the extra xxx dollars go with the 3800, i dont know a lot about the high end stuff, but im sure the 3800 is a lot better than the 3500.

nickbuddy111 said:
judging by your sig, it lookls like you already have a semi-gaming computer, but i guess if its power andgraphics you crave, go with the 3500+ over the 3800+, i guess if you want to spend the extra xxx dollars go with the 3800, i dont know a lot about the high end stuff, but im sure the 3800 is a lot better than the 3500.

If u r refering to new Sandiego 3800+, then yes. However, the old one is NOT.

I also must disagree on that ASUS SLi board. I would go with the Epox SLi board on a budget, or the MSI Neo4. The ASUS SLi board has far too many flaws, TRUST ME on that one....

The NEO4 Plat
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130487

the EPOX SLi
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813123246

and the ABIT A8N SLi (NON FATALITY)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127207

ok, imma go with the Neo 4 Plat, now processor.... what is a 3500+ compared to pentium? I have a 3.0E ghz now is the 3500+ faster? and is there a better processor for about the same price as the 3500 or maybe jsut a tad more?

Back
Top Bottom