which is the best anti spyware

Dude, MSAS is just a copy of Sunbelt Software's CounterSpy, except that CounterSpy doesn't take loads of spyware of their detection list.

Wombat said:
Lets just give this a bump up, as it is a serious concern. :D

Hey, no one really besides me ever bumped up my Spyware thread!!!

It is a concern though.

I think that Norton is the best, sure it slows up your computer, but as soon as I uninstalled it, I got a virus, its great. Now I use Avast, SpywareBlaster and CCleaner. The other day I deleted nearly 2 gigs worth of rubbish with CCleaner, its a must have

I must stress to be careful with Search and Destroy, it completely B******* my computer, because it deletes some windows components, I had to format my hard drive and re-install windows, do be careful

wow, no one mentioned spy sweeper, personally i think that spy sweeper is one of the best out there.

Techy Geek said:
I think that Norton is the best, sure it slows up your computer, but as soon as I uninstalled it, I got a virus, its great. Now I use Avast, SpywareBlaster and CCleaner. The other day I deleted nearly 2 gigs worth of rubbish with CCleaner, its a must have

I must stress to be careful with Search and Destroy, it completely B******* my computer, because it deletes some windows components, I had to format my hard drive and re-install windows, do be careful
Ok what windows componets is Spybot taking out?

Definitely, SpySweeper is the best, followed closely by CounterSpy.

Norton sucks; AVG is free, doesn't slow down your PC and its detection rate isn't much worse.

i picked ad-aware, just cuz i like using it along w/ spybot. but i hate spybot now because downloading it from the internet, i always seem to have spyware attached to spybot. (which doesnt make much sense). so i am going to buy the full version and not get that stupid freeware one.

Back
Top Bottom