help plz

scottyp123

Solid State Member
hey everyone, well wen i got me new computer i kept the same hard drive so i wouldnt lose all me **** and now wen i try and play some games my moniter turns off and the lights on the bottom start flashing, now this is only for a few games and im not sure wats the problem. my monitor is about 6 years old and isnt very good would it be the monitors or the comps fault for doing this. if anyone could just give me there opinion or advise it would be greatly appreciated.
thanx...
ps. cos my monitor is old i have a program called powerstrip to increase the brightness in games, i was just wondering if that would have an effect on anything. oh well...
thanx again.

Don't know too much about monitors, but that program MIGHT have something to do with it since your monitor is so old it may be too much for the monitor to handle. Just try playing a game or two without the program and see if it works or delete the program completely and then reinstall later. If your monitor really is that old you'd be better off just buying a new one anyway, even if it isn't the best of the bunch, it'll probably be a lot better than a monitor from 1999.

Also where is your monitor pluged into, motherboard or a graphic card? if it's a graphic card maybe when your playing those games it's over heating and shuting off taking your monitor with it. What games are you playing when it shuts off?

if u kept teh hd you did delete all the old drivers right? mobo/gpu/cpu/etc. because when i got my new parts i kept my old HD and the computer wouldnt work and i had to reformat

im suprised it booted normally windows on the H/D will not recognise the new system.it may be just worth backing up what you need and refomatting to put a clean instalation back on this way you can illiminate some possible problems like money man said you will have all the old drivers on e.t.c for the sake of a hour or two.

hey. my comp specs r:
AMD 939 3000+
512ddr
128meg graphics not sure wat type though(its an ok one i guess)
so i easy make the requirements that they want oh and its just the games i had on the older comp eg: aom, quake3 alexander(really shit game) theres a couple more but not all the games do this because WOW works good. and yea...
do u reckon that i should just wipe my comp and reinstall everything.
wat do u rekon, thanx anyway...

Back
Top Bottom