speed :D

this was taken from that xp optimize site above

Cacheman v5.50 - Download - Home Page
Improves the performance of your computer by optimizing the disk cache, memory and a number of other settings.

Instructions - Go to "Show Wizard", "All" and run all the wizards by selecting "Next" or "Finished" until you are back to Cacheman. Use the defaults unless you know exactly what you are doing. Then under "Options" uncheck "Load Cacheman on Windows Startup", Exit and Save Cacheman, Restart Windows.

Notes - This version is free for home users, has no time limit and none of the features are disabled. CachemanXP is the newer shareware version that includes an updated real time memory recovery feature. No performance benefit has been noticed using this feature. All the necessary cache tweaks to improve system performance are in Cacheman v5.50.
edit: read that optimize site under tweaks... heres what your looking for Diskeeper 10. Diskeeper - Purchase - USD $19.95 Home / $49.50 Pro - Highly Recommended!

Diskeeper does a much better job then the built-in "Disk Defragmenter". It includes enhanced features that Defragment your computer faster and more thoroughly such as a High Speed Defragmentation Engine that runs 300-500% faster than the built-in defragmenter, "Set it and Forget it" operation makes fragmentation-related problems simply go away, Intelligent Smart Scheduling actively schedules defragmentation as needed based on how you use your PC, Defragmenting in the Background with I/O Smart and never have your application performance interrupted, Pause and Resume Defragmentation, Screen Saver Mode Defragmentation and more features. Hard Drives are the slowest component in your PC, do not let Disk Fragmentation slow it down even more. You will notice improved performance after Defragmenting with Diskeeper over the built-in "Disk Defragmenter". - Diskeeper Testimonials

i have norton 2004 right now as my anti-virus...ok...the new problem is that i can't access that website from my computer...it keeps saying it can't find it and to check the location ect and just gives me a blank page...all this started after i restarted my computer

Back
Top Bottom