Fake e-mails

Kage said:
Its also possible a source computer could be infected with a zombie trogan to control other PC's o send e-mails and whatever to its target.
Its how I think Yahoo got forced down for a few hours, since a special file was sent out with e-mails to force the server down.
Correct,a while back, I was infected with a Trojan, I opened an e-mail showing the name of a friend as the sender, & immediately a notice flashed up telling me that I was infected with Trojan dropper virus, followed by the specification.
Since I got a better AV, there have been more, but they were contained in the AV's vault.
I understand that the sender's address was extracted from my address book.

Yeah, thats what it'd do, pretty freaky.

If you think of chain mail that gets sent around everywhere...it'd be like that, but everyone in your address book sending it out to everyone on there address book and so on.
A loop has to appear somewhere where everyone would know each other hehe, and with someone with no protection, they would have just took part in the bringing down of a major company... opps to anyone with no protection...

Whats worse, is these trojans are probably very easy to program in C++

Guys, spoofig is the worst thing you can do. It's like the "get a free Ipod" things. I know what spoofing is and it's really not something to do

Back
Top Bottom