Fake e-mails

Buzz, as a favour please do not pass this knowledge on...
awww... and I was just about to share knowledge and create a new army of spammer...

the person recieving the email wouldn't be able to trace it back..

the email serer would be able to look in the logs and see you connecting then sending as another person.. You would have to connect via proxy through another computer.

the proxy you speak of is called an open relay when it comes to mail servers...

and if you view the mail headers you'll find that the complete route, (by machine IP address) that the message too from sender to recipient is displayed... (so the route is attached to every mail...

Mail server logs only log what they are set up to record, in windows, the default is pretty much to only record time of connections!! -no address information or even SMTP command.

Its also possible a source computer could be infected with a zombie trogan to control other PC's o send e-mails and whatever to its target.
Its how I think Yahoo got forced down for a few hours, since a special file was sent out with e-mails to force the server down.

as long as it was not any time soon because i have no emails in my inbox for Yahoo and i usually get something :(

It says the article was published on:

June 17, 2004

So a bit ago, but i do remember it happening

Back
Top Bottom