disabled administrator account and only have power user account available in xp pro!!

rajagursahani

Beta member
as you may think that i am so stupid to have done what i have done it is rightly so. i have made a grave error. i have disabled my administator account while in the administrator account and then switched another administrator account to a power user account and logged out of the administrator account and now stuck in the power user account and its the only account i have enabled. is there a back door for me to enable my administrator account?

thank you so much

Re: disabled administrator account and only have power user account available in xp pro!!

that didn't work. need some other advice. can't get to a restore point. i don't think i made one. usually i use ace utilities but i can't get access to that.

Re: disabled administrator account and only have power user account available in xp pro!!

Here is a useful tool that will work.
Note:
"If used on users that have EFS encrypted files, and the system is XP, all encrypted files for that user will be UNREADABLE! and cannot be recovered unless you remember the old password again. If you don't know if you have encrypted files or not, you most likely don't have them. (except maybe on corporate systems)"

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
Click "Bootdisk"

The how-to is near the top. The download is at the bottom of the page. The how to is kind of hard to follow, if you have any trouble just let me know where you get stuck and Ill try to help.

could you re-enable the admin account with a power users account???

faileing that try restarting in safe made and logging into the admin account, the disabled policy might not stretch into safe mode.

thanks i will try to get into safe mode. i forgot how to do that. but i will look it up.

Back
Top Bottom