playstation portable

money_man said:
alvino, would you recommend me buying a 512mb stick or a 1gb stick? also how small can you compress a movie and have it still look good?

I personally would go with the 1gb one. It may be more expensive, but you get more megabytes for your buck. I'm not exactly sure about the compressing of a movie without sacrificing quality...I'll get back to you on that one when I get a PSP. :p

lol but i wanted to buy one tonight, then i decided not to til i found out a little more. but i wanna go get it tomorrow. can u try to find out tonight?

You can just go buy your memory stick first...I'm not sure about the compression stuff that's all.

I hate my PSP.. piece of crap.. cheaply made... junky... the games SUCK. DS games are WAY better. I own both.. PSP is OVERRATED.. ICK... COded Arms and Untold Legends are like the ONLY two good games.... other then that, they suck.

At least the PSP doesn't look like crap. I've played on a DS before...it sucked...the dual screens are stupid...how the hell can you concentrate on 2 screens at once?!

This probably what the DS's succsessor looks like... :D

nintendo-bs.jpg

Be nice.. at least you can drop the DS and it won't self destruct.. I have gone through 2 PSPs!! I REFUSE to buy another one! NEVER AGAIN!

That's why you shouldn't be so clumsy, and be more careful with your PSP...always treat your electronic gadgets with the loving care :D

Yeah, I've played the PSP that hasn't yet come down here yet in a demo, and I have to admit, the graphics are amazing!

Yet, I've just had a thoguht. I've read it only has a 64mb vid card compared to the PS2's 128mb card, yet have you thought that maybe it doesn't need as much memory because it won't be needing as high a resolution? I think its still quite capable of producing PS2 style visuals :p

Nintendo DS (good views?)

I don't think I'll be getting one, but since I've seen my mates Nintendo DS, I've felt sorry for Nintendo every bit more since games dont really make much use of the 2 screens very much, with most games only using it as a map. With Nintendo going for more Revolution with games, Developers dont seem to be grasping the posibilties, and this is what drags Nintendo down. They sometimes choose the wrong ideas, yet if it was a a touch 1-screen, I think that would have been more useful, or a fold away second screen at the top instead of the main one being the top un-touchable one, which would have made more sense to the view of when your playing. At least then Developers wouldn't feel forced to use both screens and at the moment seem scared to keep the bottom one blank :p

I like the idea for Sonic Rush using Dual Screens though. That looks awsome, so it can have some good uses if a Developer chooses to have it, though using it for a map I think is pretty useless in some respects and can put you off.

I definietly think PSP can shine, and I'm sure it will :)

A friends son got a psp and the instructions for loading music lack a lot to be desired. It took a while but finally got it to install into the two folders as you are required to do. It was really a pain as you build your music files and load them into the one folder then you have to transfer everything into the other folder. They should have had preinstalled folders that you just upload/download to. Also the music files kept wanting to overwrite any existing files so that you were limited to basically a single folder(album). It was really a pain to get multiple folders in the unit so that you could have different albums to choose from. And also one other issue. There are only certain memory sticks that you can use for music. so you have to be careful as to which sticks you buy or you won't be able to load music into the psp.

Back
Top Bottom