Zap!!!

Ah well...

The real reason I took them was wombat asked for them. Now as for my camera it's a Fuji FinePix 3800. The total cost was $399.00. I them ran right out and scored another chip for it. A 32meg. It comes with a 16meg chip. A case and a pot load of some high capacity rechargeable batteries and the total cost was right at $500.00. It's relatively small and light weight. Easy on batteries too. I just like taking pictures. I guess ya'll figured that out by now.
EDIT: Oh I almost forgot, How do I know when to take the pic of lighting? Easy. I run the camera in movie mode in low res. That gives me about 3 and a half mins of run time. I then run the movie through Movie Maker 2 and then save a still from the movie. The five pics of the second hit was made from five consective frames from the same movie. There are 6 really but the VB software only lets you post 5 max.
The movies are around 9 megs each and last a little over 3 mins each. If some one wants to host them I'll upload them. Might take a while but what the hey...

You think that is bad?? should see my location! 3" of rain in 20 mins!! The lightning! OMG! My power is out right now, we are running our generator to stay on.

Here, have a looksy!

us_ind_closeradar_large_usen.jpg

Its pretty nasty out there! I closed our window and skylight shields and the flood blast gate. The HAIL was 1"!! Man.. icky weather. I had to run in the RAIN to my car after work! Luckily, the BMW has autostart to cool it down as it was so humid out as well! We got 3" of rain in 20 mins! My BMW autoengaged AWD as I started it (just to let you know, it only does that when BMW sends a BAD WEATHER SIGNAL to my nav system! THAT IS RARE!!)

Re: Woah...

setishock said:
NASTY
Looks like it's headed for Dayton. If I was you I'd be headed for Fort Wayne.

We will survive. The house can take a beating. Lightning rods, steel beams, metal window and skylight shielding, it is a fortress.

you really are rich you know that? how do yo do it?? your computer building buisness?? i kinda wanna do sumthing like that for a livin...but this is off topic..srry setishock

DarkBlade said:
Its pretty nasty out there! I closed our window and skylight shields and the flood blast gate. The HAIL was 1"!! Man.. icky weather. I had to run in the RAIN to my car after work! Luckily, the BMW has autostart to cool it down as it was so humid out as well! We got 3" of rain in 20 mins! My BMW autoengaged AWD as I started it (just to let you know, it only does that when BMW sends a BAD WEATHER SIGNAL to my nav system! THAT IS RARE!!)
DarkBlade how can you afford to run a BMW on what you earn at the computer spare parts shop. Didn't you say in a previous post that you earned around $8.50 an hour there. I have made some big money in my 45 (I have been semi retired since 1991) years of working, but could never afford a Beema though... a Ford yes. :p

Edit: This link here... http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?p=197732#post197732

Wow, those are some great pics :D

setis, do you know if that camera comes with an underwater case? im looking at the sony cybershot 5MPixel at the moment, for both my digi camera, and my diving camera. the case would have to be rated to 40 or 60m, if your not sure if they do a case, doesnt matter...

Back
Top Bottom