Building my own computer

Yeah.... pushing your comp to it's limits. Dangerous but you get amazing results if done properly.

uhh im not an expert or close to but from wat i know wen amd makes a chip they kinda set it to work about 80% so the life last long and its not straining it. Overclocking is kinda making it go up so working 90% 95% or something like that so you egt more performance but you are pushing it harder.So it applies to everythign , it kinda just makes it work a lil more percent

Well overclocking is not recommended by me. Some people like it because it increases the speed of your processor. You can overclock if you want although I wouldn't recommend it for the following reasons:

-AMD CPU's come with a 3 year warranty, once that cpu is overclocked the warranty becomes null and void.

-Also it shortens the life of the CPU!!!!

Simple: Go into bios and change the clock speed. BUt make sure you change the mem. speed too match the speed change or it's unstable. And there's always oc'ing your graphics card. Yeha.

hockeyplaya20 said:
whats sli mean? does that mean its more upgradeable?

SLI= Scalable Link Interface. It is nVidia's unique PCI Express DUAL graphics card system that allows two (2) high end graphics cards to work together to generate HUGE amounts of polygons and sprites and enable ground shattering performance in gaming and graphics design.

Read this for a bit more? :D
http://www.slizone.com/page/slizone_learn.html

it is amazing BUT once you get a singel card you'll want 2 like me. then you'll want everything in ur computer high end so nothign limits anything, lol its a vicious circle...

Back
Top Bottom