playstation portable

my friend and his little brother are spoiled they each have one ill ask him about it when he gets back from vacation
btw you his car ride was good cuz he has the car adapter and 2 movies and 4 games

I personally am not into the psp or ds,,, i like much simpler handhelds. something that you can play for a while, turn off fast, then go back to. i (IMO) think that the best handheld was GBASP. it was so good, compact, and had just enough lighting for me :D

You can turn the PSP on and off really quckly too. The PSP automatically saves where you were and when you turn it back on it returns or where you left off.

Fireteam Bravo will suck. I play socom regularly, ever since Socom I. And if you have played it, you can just imagine how baddd it would be playing it with one analog stick, aka the psp:(

alvino said:
You can turn the PSP on and off really quckly too. The PSP automatically saves where you were and when you turn it back on it returns or where you left off.

i know, what i meant was, when i play psp, it just doesnt have a "handheld" feel to me. it feels like something you need to play while laying or sitting on a couch. but w/ gba, it really felt like a handheld. i think there is a limit as to how far a handheld can go w/ graphics and technology. not only that, but everything for it is so expensive.

OK... lets look at the pros and cons of each console...

PSP,
Pro, Can play movies
Con, Movies are only available from Sony on specially designed memory sticks.
con, movies are write protected and cannot be coppied.
con, the screen isn't really all that great for viewing movies and lacks true colur depth
con, the battery life isn't actually good enough to watch a whole movie without having it plugged in.

Pro, made by Sony -Gets lots of exclusive titles?

pro, wireless gameplay

con, expensive

DS,
Pro, Movie support planned, to fit on flash cartridges that are freely available to buy.

pro, Music support planned, again on the freely available flash cartiriges

pro, Touch screen for interaction.

pro, microsoft for sound interaction in games.

pro, two screens, (often one can contain a map or inventory)

pro, backwards compatible with GBA games.

pro, cheaper than the PSP

Con, a little on the large side.

you forgot PSP has better games. and way better graphics. i think tonight i will buy...

PSP
PSP kit
NFS rivals
1gb memory stick duo:d this is going to be cool.

i didnt know they had a analog stick on it, i thought they just had the buttons

root said:
OK... lets look at the pros and cons of each console...

PSP,
Pro, Can play movies
Con, Movies are only available from Sony on specially designed memory sticks.
con, movies are write protected and cannot be coppied.
con, the screen isn't really all that great for viewing movies and lacks true colur depth
con, the battery life isn't actually good enough to watch a whole movie without having it plugged in.

Pro, made by Sony -Gets lots of exclusive titles?

pro, wireless gameplay

con, expensive

DS,
Pro, Movie support planned, to fit on flash cartridges that are freely available to buy.

pro, Music support planned, again on the freely available flash cartiriges

pro, Touch screen for interaction.

pro, microsoft for sound interaction in games.

pro, two screens, (often one can contain a map or inventory)

pro, backwards compatible with GBA games.

pro, cheaper than the PSP

Con, a little on the large side.

Actually, the PSP can play movies from either UMDs or the Memory Stick PRO Duo. The UMDs are movies from Sony Picture Studios (like Spiderman 2, Hellboy, XXX, THe House of Flying Daggers etc.). YOu can, however, load any movie into the Memory Stick PRO Duo that you plug in. You can load ANY movie into the Memory Stick PRO Duo. I was watching a illegally downloaded version of Star Wars: Episode III on my friend's PSP. So you don't need to buy the UMD's for the PSP. Just a memory stick will do.

The PSP is basically a small PS2 that can fit in your hands with a 16:9 Widescreen. Color is awesome, it is crisp and clear. Very nice to watch movies with. Becides, the PSP's widescreen is way better than the DS's screens anyways (What are you gonna do? Watch movies on 2 puny screens with that horrible resolution? No.).

Battery life is good. It's the best when playing music, since it doesn't take alot of power to read from a memory stick. Playing games uses a bit more since it has to occasionally spin the UMD to read from it. Playing movies uses it the most, since it requires the UMD to spin throughout the whole movie. The battery is fine. After watching Star Wars today, my friend's PSP still had about 3 hrs & 50ish min. left...so it does last pretty long.

Root, please try to do some research before you start talking about the PSP. You got some things wrong (like the part about the movies haveing to be on memory sticks...).

MarxSoccer said:
Fireteam Bravo will suck. I play socom regularly, ever since Socom I. And if you have played it, you can just imagine how baddd it would be playing it with one analog stick, aka the psp:(

Yeah, the controls will suck. I still can't imagine how they got the controls down for Coded Arms (the first FPS for the PSP).

alvino, would you recommend me buying a 512mb stick or a 1gb stick? also how small can you compress a movie and have it still look good?

Back
Top Bottom