Building my own computer

Jimbos would work well I would agree.
DFI also makes nice mobos like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136152

I might recommend a good PSU (Power Supply Unit) for your new system. Sometimes people tend to skimp on their PSUs. I would maybe stay away from the "Generic" "no name brand" (hehe) types of PSUs.
Antec, Sparkles, PPC, are good PSUs. I'm sure other people could add more to the list of companies that make good PSUs. I would maybe recommend a PSU that is above 400W in power.

I would also recommend some Arctic Silver 5 (AS5), which is thermal paste that goes in between the CPU and its heatsink/fan. AS5 will transfer the heat from your CPU to the heatsink better than the thermal paste that the CPU comes with. AS5 should reduce your CPU temperature by a few degrees which is worth the $10 you spend on the tube of AS5.

It took me a few days to build my first computer. I "tried" to be very careful and read most of the instuctions. I had to tinker around with the machine a bit before I got it to run stably.

As of this now, I would stick with the AMD64 3000+ it is known as being the best "bang for buck" in the AMD64 processor range.

With exile2's recommendation the Mobo doesn't support PCI-Express graphics cards (which are replacing AGP vid cards). For a few bucks more, you could get a Mobo that supports PCI-Express. Also the MSI vid card is AGP, for the same price you could get the PCI-E version.

What is the maximum amount of consecutive posts? I don't usually post in forums, so can somebody explain why consecutive posting is considered a bad thing?

Alright, that makes sense to me. I'll use the edit from now on.

Notice the "edit" button located at the right hand side of the screen of each post... it saves space and it looks neater. Please, use it. Seriously...

noticde that has nothing to do with wat hockeyplaya needa?!?!? yes no. just pm him so you solve the problem and help hockeyplaya and not spam up the forums.

Noname brand also suggest a great mobo the DFI little better overclocking but i think the neo4 is the best you can get .

Back
Top Bottom