ESRB advising retailers to stop selling GTA San Andreas!!!

OK fellers this is going way out of line, there's to much profanity, be very carefull that the post does not get closed down. :mad:

This is what I e-mailed him.

Mr. Thompson,

Do you suffer from some crippling disease that affects
the brain? In short, are you stupid? Maybe you should
retire from being an attorney and actually get a life.

Do you know why kids are most likely to commit crimes
because of games like that? Because they don't know
what is RIGHT and what is WRONG. They just think to
themselves. "Oh, since Tommy Vercetti can go around
shooting people and jacking cars, I can too!" Wrong.
Another reason is that their parents don't control
them. If parents don't control their kids, then their
kids will think that

I have been playing GTA: Vice City for over a year
now. Hell, I played it today! Yet, I have NEVER, EVER
committed a crime in my 15 years on this earth. Why?
Because I know what is right and what is wrong. Do I
think GTA is extremely fun? Yes I do. But I know it's
wrong, which is why I won't do any of that. Another
thing, is my parents. You ever heard of that anti-drug
ad? The one where the kid says that "Parents are my
Anti-Drug"? Well my parents are like that too. They
have control of when I play my games and they excert
their parental responsabilites by teaching me things
NOT to do.

People like you are slandering the credibility of the
entertainment industry and it's an insult to gamers
like us. One question. Were you ever in your lifetime
a gamer? Have actually played violent games? Do you
know what is right and what is wrong?

I thank you for what you've done and here is a genuine
gift from me:

<Link goes to a picture of a middle finger>

Now go ruin millions of gamer's lives in whatever way
seems best to you. Or you could actually do us all a
favor and get a life.

EDIT>>> No profanity in here. I removed the link that I put, which goes to a picture of a middle finger.

Erm thats more well written then my message. But heh I didn't really care. I think he has a automated respone. He used to come back with funny ones like personnel ones. I enjoyed those alot. I know one time he called me the anti-chirst and said I was bringer of satan. I also mentioned the fact that I was going make a flash movie of him. He took it as a threat. Which I thought was incredliy funny. All my friends got a big kick out of it too. Hrm I know one of my friends created like 10 yahoo e-mail address and sent the SAME MESSAGE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Frankly if I ever saw him in real life I don't know if i'd pity him or hit him. Prob depends how big he is.

If I ever saw him in real life, I would shove a pie in his face (since shooting someone is a crime).

LOL, or find out and egg his house, that would be a right old laughy wouldnt seeing him clear them up!!

Meh, that would take too many eggs. And too many eggs = too much money. I would rather buy one pie and get it over with. Or if I had spare toilet paper, I could TP his house...:p Too bad he lives in Miami...

Dear Mr. Jack Thompson

Dear Mr. Jack Thompson

About the title. I commented in a chat that if I saw you walking down
the street. I wouldn't know if I should pity you. Or to hit you. I'd
mostly pity you due to the fact that hitting would take too much
effort.

My last e-mail was more of a rant and rave to vent out some much
needed anger which was directed at you. Now after my renting and
raving for several hours over the Internet I've calmed down. I have
yet to commit a crime due to any AND I SAY ANY video. I admit I've
done my share of stupid decisions. All of which were either partly my
OWN idea or a ad on to a friends idea. As my dad said. Son I expect
you to mess up at some points. but its not important that you missed
up. It is understanding that you have messsed up and know better NEXT
TIME!.

Now I've played GTA series since it came out in 95. I believe I was 6
or 7 not sure. BUT I LOVED IT! And you know what. I haven't murdered a
single person nor felt the need too. Do you know why? Because when my
day is stressful and I need to vent anger. I'll go on a game such at
GTA:SA or CS:CZ or some other shooter up game. And shot hit boxes.
Which if you didn't know is the code instead the model that you shot
at that tells you how much damage you got.

Now this hot coffee mod. The Dev's added it in there. They sure did.
But you know what. They went hey ya this is a bad idea. So they
covered it up. And I must say fairly well. Personally I'm not offended
at it. In fact me and my dad saw it. We got a kick out of it. My mom
did too. So did my grandparents. Now I wasn't going TO BUY THE GAME
for PC in the first place. But now just because this issue has been
raised. I think next month when I get my allowance. I'll ask my dads
premisson to use his credit card. Which I'm sure he'll grant me cause
well he taught me whats right and whats wrong. And trusts me. I then
will go out on a the Internet and look for the game. I will call the
company and MAKE SURE ITS THE VERSION with the coffee mod on it. So
that way I can say I have it. And frankly Mr. Jack Thompson. I could
use google a popular search engine. To find images and videos MUCH
MUCH MUCH worse then that coffee mod. I bet you I could even find
games. Now a few stories to tell.

Several years ago there was this flash game. It was brilliant. You had
a hand on a table. And you had a knife moving back and fourth. And
you'd try to hit in between your fingers. If you missed you lost a
finger. And sir I tell you I have all 10 fingers. Not cause I got good
at the game. Because I knew stabbing yourself is a bad idea.

Or the countless times I've hijacked a sports car on GTA:SA and killed
100s or police men. Now I don't know about you. But I haven't done
that yet in real life. Never really had the urge to either. I guess
its the jail sentence that is the biggest factor.

Or the countless times on CS:CZ where I've blown my enemies heads off
with a sniper rifle and gone OWNED. I have yet to do that in real
life. Don't have much of a urge to either

Now you ask why I haven't committed those acts of violence in real
life. Is it because I don't have access to a weapon? No. In fact If I
wanted to I could just grab my .22 and .38 and do it. But I know
better then that. Or could I hijack a sports car and drive it around
but what stops me? Again that wonderful voice inside my head that goes
hey buddy yea bad idea. What stops me from not sniping people's heads
off. Well um mainly the fact that I don't have access to a sniper
rifle. But even if I did that little voice inside your head that some
of us have called reason would tell me hey yea buddy bad idea. Now I
don't know if you have kids or not. But god I pray not. Now I did some
more research for to better take up your time.

<Don't think the mods, and admins would like to see those links on this page. So I'll leave them out but you should get the picture. I'll send the uncensored version of this e-mail to anyone who e-mails nik00117@gmail.com>

Enjoy your lawsuit. I'll enjoy watching you fail. Good night.

What do ya think?? Took ym time and didn't cuss. Even in the unceasnored version.

Well personally, I couldn't care less. I have my copy, I've beaten it several times, I'm not sure why I should care about others not getting the same satisfaction, but maybe that's just being >:mad:<. Either way I still don't think it's that big a deal cuz most people have it by now anyway.

Computergen said:
Eh, doesn't matter. The game will still float around on the internet, just not as much.

Modders will be able to burn it to work on the PS2. Not to mention it will always be ripped for the PC.

Good thing I bought the game for PS2 last christmas.

Also, does this count in the PS2 Version because a week or so ago I heard the mod was only accessible on the computer version...
one word...

MANHUNT

a game where you play the part of a guy killing people to get whatever he can find, it's billed out to be, and even styled in the format (box, manuals and everything) of a snuff movie.

There was some outrage over this game... (something to do with some kids or something)... suddenly mojor retailers are pulling the game from the shelves.
and the price on ebay to get a copy is something like £60 - £70!!!

then a few month later, they finally get the message, computer games don't make people go out killing, suddenly we are allowed to buy the game again and you find it in second hand bins for like 4.99

The same thing will happen with GTA if it is banned...

the real bitch is I didn't buy this yet because I don't like playing on my PS2 and was waiting for it to come out on Xbox, (experiance told me that vice city was much better on Xbox -if only because you can drive to your own music!).

I emailed him. Maybe this will get his attention.

darkblade said:
Mr. Jack Thompson,

How many years did you attend law school? Have you ever played a video game excluding PacMan, TRON, or any other game in which the pixels are visibly evident? If not, why are you attempting to remove violent video games from the market. The ESRB rates video games in the same mannerisms as the MPA rates movies for release. I am a Best Buy employee sir and also attending Purdue University for silicon wafer fabrication and super cell engineering (aka CPU engineering). This means, I AM NOT A STUPID INDIVIDUAL, so please don't take me as one and feel you are any smarter then I am.

To start, I do not even like the Grand Theft Auto series or any randomly violent video game. However, the last time I checked, that game had a M 17+ ESRB black and white logo on the front of it. On the back, it gives several reasons as to why: Intense violence, sexual themes, reference to drugs and alcohol, the list goes on. This warning system was put in place to show parents what their children are buying or renting. This all relates back to the parents and their responsibility for their children. Do you have children Mr. Thompson? If so, how old are they. If they are under 17 and have ever watched a movie rated R or NC-17, you have BROKEN your own ethics and moral codes. R rated movies are in MOST cases no worse then M+ games. Games have a A rating for a reason sir, ADULT (18+). Under this circumstance, it would be logical to assume all rated R movies should be taken off the market then? You are at temping to change something that would require ADULT gamers such as myself the FREEDOM to purchase ANY game of our choosing.

You are a fraud sir, a fraud. You think that your fraudulent findings encompass the entire population, whereas they account for a mere .01% in reality. You need to reread your law books sir. You will find that we have FREEDOMS in those books. You are at temping to use the Federal Government to assert total control over the media and take away our basic freedom of choice. Not to bring religion into this, because I am sure as a lawyer, you have no religious moral now do you..., but do you not remember the FACT that God gave us FREE WILL? Being a lawyer, I know it is your finalized goal to overthrow religion and ban that as well, which is one reason lawyers are marauding foolish people who need not exist, but, if I might be blunt... "GET A CLUE!" Honestly, to think that you are more powerful then God... FREE WILL is something we were given by a power so much greater then anything you know. I don't care if you are a religious man or not, the fact of the matter remains, we have FREEDOMS.

You sir, need to respect those freedoms immediately! If you make me have to resort the video games and remove all M rated games, I will personally write Congress to have this issue brought back to court! How dare you! HOW DARE YOU TRY AND ATTEMPT TO TAKE MY FREEDOMS AWAY!! I am an adult sir, and I know my freedoms. You take those away, and I will promise you, I will have a 10,000 signature class action suit against you and your cause in FEDERAL COURT. Don't toy with things you don't understand foolish BOY. GROW UP.

You don't get a sincerely....

Connor Malander

Back
Top Bottom