first computer build, need help

Well, keep the Abit motherboard.

You don't need another heatsink if you are buying your CPU retail which you are. Not to mention that heatsink is cheap and horrible you can tell from the price.

Your power supply....that is disgusting, 500W for 20 dollars....right. for a 500W you should be putting up minimum 60 Bucks! I recommend thermaltake power supplies all the way! If not then try enermax.

Get some thermal paste.

And where is the graphics card and hard drive?

oh btw i can personally vouche that you will not be dissappointed with the MSI NX6600GT. i have it and i love it, although if your getting a 6600GT make sure your going to do SLI, if not go with the 6800gt or the 7800gtx.

you dont know what SLI is?, scalable link interface...using two of the exact nVidia cards at once to almost double performance...thats cool i thought everyone knew about that by now. anyhoo yea, 6600gt's arent powerful enough to run BF2 and newer games like FEAR by themselves at high settings so you should get 2x6600gt's or 1 6800gt or ultra

okay 6800gt instead of 6600gt to run bf2
arctic silver 6 bucks
got it
other than that stuff how is everything?

omg $180 more for the 6800 instead of 6600
$180 just to play bf2
are you sure bf2 wont run with the 6600GT

should i SLI the 6600GT or just get the 6800GT

BF2 WILL run on a 6600GT, my friend runs it on a 9800 PRO, and i've seen it. Heck you'll have to seriously turn down all your settings but with RAM and a cabable proccessor it should be ok, that is if you don't mind giving up the quality graphics to play.
Hope this helps.

what are you talknig about a 6600gt wont run bf2, it will run bf2 fine, just not all on high settings, probably a 7800 wont be able to run bf2 all on high settings,without lag

Back
Top Bottom