trying to upgrade old sony desktop with a new atx motherboard

dingle

Baseband Member
i played around with my motherboard but i think i have a problem i sorta played with it and just thought that the atx motherboard that i bought would be compatible with pcv-70 sony and i cant get the hd lights and pwer cables right anyon ehave any ideas that would help some adapters probably becasue on the hd light, powere light, and the pwer cord have two connectores each and the only thing i can get to work is the power light and hd light

Turn the cables around. They have positive and negative sides. YOu need to just turn them around and make sure they are aligned on the exact pins they should be on. Try that.

ok i will but just wondering the color of the cables are red and black know which one is pos or neg

dingle said:
and if this desot work do i have to go buy an atx case

Possibly.. then again, you should really just check those connections. Besides that.. Sony's cases are ugly, but oh well! :D

The problem is that you are running into the proprietary issues that associate from trying to convert branded components to off the self items. You would be better off geting a new case that the new mobo will work with.

Back
Top Bottom