Doom 3 or Half-Life 2

Syn7ax 3rror

Banned
The two best games of 2004.
Doom 3 sold out of everystore...while HL 2 was a little later in the race.
No doubt they both push today's system limits.

I love both games.

Doom 3 has better graphics, and better maps.
HL 2 has a better physics engine a good gameplay.

I'm gonna say Doom 3 is better.

What about you?

Never played Doom3, but I love me some HL2. There are so many "OMFG!" moments in HL2, but I hear that Doom3 is awesome as well.

I heard doom 3 is not really cut out to what its supposed to be. And I never did like Doom 1 really. But of course it scared the shit out of me cause I was like 6 playing it.

I've played CS:S - the most fun I've had online in ages.

I hear DOOM3 is really boring and is exactly the same every time you play it through. I've not heard good reports in general actually. One to be avoided, I'm told.

Frankly I'm not the kinda guy that likes to shoot monsters in a dark room. i'd get jumpy.

DooM3 is SO OVERRATED.. Im sorry, the first 20 mins of that game were great. Then the backpedaling after opening a door got old, the monsters jumping out of dark corners got old, the pentagrams glowing and creatures appearing got old..... it got so old... eye candy and a good graphics card stability tester is all DooM3 is.... when I saw the wraiths for the first time, that was the LAST time DooM3 did anything for me... I uninstalled that atrocity until Resurrection of Evil came out, and that helped, but not enough. HL2 is a game built to be the BEST. HOWEVER, I am going to make a thread tonight, and the first 5 people to respond with AWESOME GAMING PCs I will give access to the BEST PC GAME of all time, at least, the beta version....

Doom 3 only looks "better" because they bump map everything like in Halo 2, but it gets kinda annoying. Doom 3 got really repetitive after the first few missions because the A.I. always attacked the same exact way. Imps always jumped out of nowhere. Zombies always walked out of dark corners. Ecetera, ectera....

Half-Life 2's weapons had innovation and creativity in them. Especially the Gravity Gun. It's probably the most versatile weapon ever. The A.I. and physics were good. The Combine and Zombies always attacked differently. Half-Life 2 had vehicles! Doom 3 left you walking on foot the whole time...

Doom 3 is a great game, but my vote goes to Half-Life 2

Now if Quake 4 would hurry up and launch... :p

Back
Top Bottom