My first build and i screwed it up

I am telling you, call aspire and say this

"I ordered my PSU from you about a month ago its the (insert model here) and I kept it in its box until a few days ago when I received the rest of the parts for my new system and assembled it. I assure you everything is wired correctly as I have experience with this and have double checked all of it. I use the button and nothing happens, I know its the power supply because its the oldest part. I was wondering if you guys could help me get through this and if not I feel I should get a replacement or my money back.

They will nicely try and help you and you have to act like you care than ask for money back and you should get it.

Tommy Boy said:
yep, your psu is fried, happened to me once. all you can do now is get another one and find out how to hook up those wires right so it doesn't do that again.

Ok, well i'm going to test it in this computer tonight and if it doesn't work i'll phone wherever i have to to get a new one and then send it to a shop and let them screw with those LED cords from...,lol.

Computergen said:
I am telling you, call aspire and say this

"I ordered my PSU from you about a month ago its the (insert model here) and I kept it in its box until a few days ago when I received the rest of the parts for my new system and assembled it. I assure you everything is wired correctly as I have experience with this and have double checked all of it. I use the button and nothing happens, I know its the power supply because its the oldest part. I was wondering if you guys could help me get through this and if not I feel I should get a replacement or my money back.

They will nicely try and help you and you have to act like you care than ask for money back and you should get it.

i'll just say it crapped out. it has a 1 year warrenty so they will replace it. if the warrenty was only for DOA's then there wouldn't be a point of making it a year.

Um...

The plugs for the switches and leds should be marked on the plug on the end of the wire. If not I would resort to white wire is negative and the colored wire is positive. However the reset button and the power switch are not polarized.
The best rule of thumb is to connect all wiring while the motherboard is laying outside of the case. Toss down a towel and get a flashlight. Now look close at the header where the led and switches plug in. You should be able to see the conections clearly.

thanks...

I edited it out after I read the system would not fire up. But it sure sounded like an led accross the power switch connection.

Well the PSU is fried. i used a volt meter to test it and nothing. so i'll have to get a new PSU and go from there. when connecting the LED i used the brighter wire was positive and the darker negative. the power and restet switch wires are blue and white

I had the same problem my problem was a mounting post was causing a short it was just off center and touching the circuitry make sure your motherboard is properly affixed to the case,make sure your cpu fan is on the cpu fan header sometims if the board sees no fan rpm it will shut down right away,one more thing if your board has a 4pin pentium4 style connector make sure its plugged in or it will shut right down hope this helps

no the PSU is totally fried no power is even going to the MOBO.

PS: your sig is only susposed to be 5 lines long.

Back
Top Bottom