V Sync

computer_noob89

Solid State Member
In my video card settings I always had V sync set to always on, but I needed some FPS boosts in BF2, so I turned it off, and I'm getting that thing where stuff breaks up and I know it's because of that, but my monitor is set to 100 Hertz, so if in Bf2 if it's set to 85 Hertz shouldn't it be alright? I even tried setting my monitor to 85 Hertz to match the refresh rate in game. If they are both the same why am I getting that chopping up of things? I am understanding this wrong? Thanks.

Yeah you are supposed to wauit 24hours before bumping something if it hasnt been answered.

the monitor wont make gameplay different, it sounds to me like the graphics card ain't right

Iv always used V sync off so that i would get better frames... I never see tearing like what your talking about. Maybe its cuz i always have had V sync off ever since i started play cs 1.5 and needed 100 frames. If you want to take the fps hit for a pritty picture then V synce is ur way to go. I have a 6800gt and I wanted all my stuff on high maxed out but when i found it didnt run smooth i changed alot of settings to medium... I guess what Im trying to say is that in games like BF2 ur not gonna max um out or have v sync on and play smooth unless 1 ur settings are down or u have a computer like dark blade with twin 7800gtx's :).

hope i helped cheesejr

Back
Top Bottom