power trouble

matejakezman

Baseband Member
today my computer worked perfectly, but suddenly mouse, keyboard, camera stayed without power, process coutinue to work in background. i restart and nothing. sometimes i couldnt turn on coumputer, it just make some strange noises. i change power socket and plug it into other and it turned on, everything works, but sometimes computer turn off by itself. is that to my computer, power supply, instalation in house or local power distributor?
that happened to me before, one day it turn off by itself and then months works perfectly. im desperate.

no, my friend who is professional, i have amd athlon 2600+, 512mb, MB gigabyte via kt600

it works perfectly for couple of months and then one day this, at one power socket mouse and keyboard doesnt have power, at other it works but sometimes it just turns off. who is crazy here?

Ok hmmm, Just feel I should suggest something as I was facing similar problems a while back with a previous system. This might be textbook, but a computer shutting itself off, in my case, was due to the powersupply being too weak, as in there is not enough power to support the components.
As your problem seems to be focused around power I suggest you list your powersupply model and wattage here to see if anybody else can offer advice.
Hope this helps.

400W ms industrial

i have DVD recorder
hard disc 80GB
Athlon 2600+
usb camera
usb siemens devic(for mobile phone)
im using lan
ati radeon 9550

right click "my computer" and go to "properties". Then click the "advanced" tab. go down to where it says "startup and recovery" and click "settings". Clear the check mark beside "automatically restart". When the computer shuts itself down, you might be getting a blue screen and you just can't see it. If you do, let us know what error is on the blue screen. Is your CPU overclocked?

Ok...

The tip off is when he pulls the plug out of the wall and plugs it back in. Now stop and think for a second. If a power supply overheats or gets over taxed what does it do? It shuts down the offending rail and it locks it out. How do you get it to reset? You pull the plug out of the wall for a min or two and it resets the rail. Now two things to look for. A short in the wiring some where or an overload condistion. Either one will cause the system to go down till the psu is reset. I'd start with a short in the wiring first. Look for any wires chaffing up against a sharp edge or plug wires touching together.

Back
Top Bottom