vo-ip

Jbravo

Solid State Member
has anyone at cf used vo-ip yet?

Vo-ip is growing fast. Vonage will have 1 million users by year's end. Will anyone here switch?

Also they have a deal on the hardware........free!!! well with mail in rebate.

likes dislikes anything.

well VO-IP is not bad just some companys lack emergency support so i cant call 911. This is one of the biggest problems but if u have a cell phone id just use it!

I have not used it but i think that is quite cheap than a mobile, i mihgt use it in the near furure, i dont know.

I heard about the problem with 911, however some say that you can program it with you location so it will dial the correct emergency services.

OH, I never have had to call them so far except when we had a car crash outside the hospital, lol a car went up the back of us.

My work uses it. It is pretty neat. All the telephones are basically switches. You can plug your laptop into them and use the internet off of that. It is a private voice network in which all telephones or devices associated with it is given an IP address, acting as network devices or nodes. The Cisco phones used are very nice and has a lot of custom settings. They use VoIP instead of paying big money though the telephone company. This way, you'll have your own telephone network in your workplace. Useless if you are at home, but benefits greatly in a large work place.

Back
Top Bottom