firefox or explorer

jcon891

Daemon Poster
i was just wondering if i should keep my internet explorer, or if i should just go w/ firefox, anyone who knows about both of these, plz respond:)

I for one will never go back to IE after switching to Firefox. Firefox is very secure, lots of extras, I for one love the tabbed browsing, and theres a multitude of plug-ins, themes, extensions you could add to customize your setup.

Even giving it a shot, I think you wouldn't go back.

http://www.mozilla.org/

AmericanSensei

ok

cool, 2 for firefox. ive never actually tried it, but ive heard some great things, i think that tabbing thing will help me a lot, ok thnx, ill get that, sick of IE anyway

internet ex.

ok so now how do i uninstall IE? its not in add/remove progs

Edit::: ok, nvm i found it in windows components, ty :::Edit

Re: internet ex.

jcon89 said:
ok so now how do i uninstall IE? its not in add/remove progs

I really don't think you have to. Firefox just imported all my favorites, files, from IE, and put them into Firefox. Firefox gave me an additional Icon on the desktop. I still have my old IE icon, but when accessed it goes straight to Firefox as well.

AmericanSensei

Go with FireFox..
I switched when it used to be called Pheonix long ago.. I'll never go back..

As for Uninstalling.. You can't... IE is an intergrated part of the windows operating system.. There are instructions to disable IE but this causes probelms with programs that use the IE engine.. Not to mention were you going to get your updates from..

Install FF and load it up.. It will ask you to switch to the default browser.. Choose yes.

Syn7ax 3rror said:
If you don't choose FireFox, it's not like you can't change back.

Yeah,, Try it...

It will be different.. So give it a real go and learn FF.. If you dont like it. You can always go back to IE.

Dude last night I showed my grandma Firefox now conviencing a 78 year old a lady to try somthing different was hard. WEll today when i walked into the kitchen she was playing on yahoo. With firefox I asked liek it? She went o yea its alot nicer then IE. Dude go FireFox i'm telling you it is the BEST! I have my entire famliy using it now. And all of them have always been scared of trying new things. Heh firefox is so good i'd pay to have it.

Back
Top Bottom