Xbox 360 VS PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its like Final Fantasy.

Alvino, the XBOXs tricore PowerPC processor is FAR HARDER to program for then the CELL. The reason, it uses a logics controller which needs three of more individual binary threads to run at max efficiency. The CELL needs only one thread, and it can split it into binary script and executable command lines. The CELL is unrivalled right now. And in graphics, the floating point calculations are WAY more important. These consoles are just that, consoles, not PCs. They dont need application execution, they need floating point calculation. The Xenos is interesting, but I still believe the nVidia RSX is much more useful because of supersampling and hypersampling combinations. The PS3s XDR RAM sets it a level above the XBOX 360s measly GDDR3 shared system RAM. NO BOTTLENECKS, PERIOD.

Alvino you keep stating that the games are better like it's a fact. No, that is not a fact it's something called opinion so you can't add that in there on your list of reasons why the xbox 360 is better cuz I think a lot of people would tend to disagree. Almost sounds like fanboyism if you ask me since you don't seem to give any credit to the PS3 at all other than your occasional statements as to it's raw power, but how the xbox has superior design, controllers, better games, better online, you can remove the case and put something on that you like, you can transfer photos and music and everything else that cna be done on your computer. But how about a LITTLE respect, cuz fanboys are like that all the time on the gaming boards I go to (don't know if you would know since it seems the only game sites you go to are xbox sites).

Syn7ax 3rror said:
I'm not raggin on anyone here, but who will actually buy Halo 3? # Halo's is overkill.

Why not? I would. Halo is one of the best series ever...along with the Half-Life, Doom, Quake, Final Fantasy series. Killzone and their pre-rendered E3 video can burn.

winterfreshpwnz said:
Alvino you keep stating that the games are better like it's a fact. No, that is not a fact it's something called opinion so you can't add that in there on your list of reasons why the xbox 360 is better cuz I think a lot of people would tend to disagree. Almost sounds like fanboyism if you ask me since you don't seem to give any credit to the PS3 at all other than your occasional statements as to it's raw power, but how the xbox has superior design, controllers, better games, better online, you can remove the case and put something on that you like, you can transfer photos and music and everything else that cna be done on your computer. But how about a LITTLE respect, cuz fanboys are like that all the time on the gaming boards I go to (don't know if you would know since it seems the only game sites you go to are xbox sites).

Ok, and what does PS3 have? Killzone? The so-called "Halo Killer" that flopped big time? Ha, right...

Ok, give me some examples of what the PS3 has becides hardware. Their Bluetooth banana controllers? :rolleyes:

lol, exactly my point alvino, don't get me wrong your a cool dude, but when it comes to video game consoles, it seems like your a bit of a fanboy, I wasn't calling you one either, but you certainly act like it, xbox 360 avatar, some xbox site as your homepage (according to your profile at least), all you do is praise the xbox 360 and don't give ANY credit to the PS3. And I really don't need to prove anything to someone who may not be one, but certainly acts like one. All I care about are the games in my system, I don't care about halo-killers and all that stuff (not that we need one since halo is overrated as it is anyway), I just buy the playstation cuz I like the games more, plain and simple. But I still respect the xbox, a few friends have it and I really enjoy some of its games, but all the extra features and what not, you can throw those away for all I care cuz I just want fun games, not a special case that I can put on so it will look cooler, especially when I'm not looking at the console most of the time anyway (I'd assume your looking at the tv), I don't need to have all of these special multimedia features, that's why I have my computer. All I need with my PS is the games and in my opinion it will have better games, so that's why I'm buying it. If you REALLY need to have a special modded case, that's fine, if you REALLY need all these extra features in your GAME console, then that's fine, and of course if you really feel that the games are better on xbox, then go on ahead and buy it. Most of this is personal preference anyway so there can't be a clear winner, not that I should even really care cuz at the end of the day, we'll both have our seperate systems that do different things to make us happy.

Well I guess the PS3 isn't so bad...it's just Ken Kutaragi and his pompous ass that makes me mad. All he does is just use childish attacks like calling the 360 a "Xbox 1.5" or saying that the Xbox 360 was designed to compete with the PS2. That's all I've ever heard from his little mouth and it pisses the goddamn shit out of me. He's a goddamn coward that is afraid to admit that the Xbox is a proven competitor against the PlayStation. As far as I'm concerned, he's lost my respect and his credibility.

Yeah, Halo 2 was overhyped. Don't get me wrong. It's one of the best games I've ever played, but it took way too long for it to come out. That's why Halo 3 will be their redemption ticket (Atleast for me). I certainly hope they don't screw anything up. It really depends what genres you like. I personally like Racing, FPS and Action games, which is why I got the Xbox. But since the Japanese are like the creators of RPG, the PlayStation has some of the best RPG's like Final Fantasy etc.

The point of customization is for you to express your personality. Your console is part of your entertainment system, is it not? That's why the XNA Team wanted something iconic and elegant for the Xbox 360, so that it will look good with your TV, Reciever, DVD Player, VCR Player etc. They didn't just carve some random shape and designate it as the final shape. The 360's look has a meaning. The PS3 looks nice and shiny, but lacks that iconic PlayStation look.

Lets just end this now and say PCs are better in every way humanly imaginable, and consoles in general suck no matter how powerful or what cool games they have. FEAR on PC.. that is a cool game. The 7800GTX is almost as powerful as the RSX, and matches the Xenos. And needless to say... well, you can have TWO 7800GTXs and once the PPUs come out for PCs, they will absolutely SMASH consoles yet again. This is a useless debate. PS3 is better in power, design is an opinion, games are an opinion. So why do you both not stop argueing like children and grow up. Both are good, save up for both, and if you can't decide, get a Nintendo Revolution!

Well I can agree about Kutaragi (I probably spelled it wrong since I always forget), I mean he's just totally out of line most of the time and all he really is is a hypeman. I can understand someone losing respect over him and maybe a little bit for the PS3 since he represents it, I actually feel ashamed knowing he's on Sony's side. And yeah Sony's exclusive titles are what pull me in. I love Onimusha, DMC, FF series, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, getting GTA first, etc. But then if you like XBOX more, chances are you would rather play games like Halo, Forza Motorsport (which I hear is finally a decent competitor to GT), Ninja Gaiden, Perfect Dark, etc. All personal preference.

We aren't arguing like children, if we were, there would probably be blatant and immature name calling and almost no sign of any intelligent debating. And PCs are better, I'm certainly not denying that, but I like the games on console more believe it or not. I was gaming on consoles long before PCs so I'm always gonna have an edge for the console games.

DarkBlade said:
Well its like Final Fantasy.

Alvino, the XBOXs tricore PowerPC processor is FAR HARDER to program for then the CELL. The reason, it uses a logics controller which needs three of more individual binary threads to run at max efficiency. The CELL needs only one thread, and it can split it into binary script and executable command lines. The CELL is unrivalled right now. And in graphics, the floating point calculations are WAY more important. These consoles are just that, consoles, not PCs. They dont need application execution, they need floating point calculation. The Xenos is interesting, but I still believe the nVidia RSX is much more useful because of supersampling and hypersampling combinations. The PS3s XDR RAM sets it a level above the XBOX 360s measly GDDR3 shared system RAM. NO BOTTLENECKS, PERIOD.

Hmmm...hard to say. Reports say that developers aren't very happy with either processors because they're hard to work with... either way, the Cell is too advanced for it's age. Think of how long it will take before games actually utilize the Cell to it's maximum potential?

I'll tell you one thing. Sony's done a good job putting the specs on paper. Since the general public always believes that bigger is usually better (which isn't always the case) people automatically think, "Oh, since the PS3 looks faster and has bigger MHZ than the Xbox 360, it must be better!" Wrong. Anyways, it's hard to tell at this point since Sony hasn't even shipped out their Beta Development Kits yet. The PS3 is still subject to change without notice (like how Kutaragi decided to make the Hard Drive a separate investment).

Anywho, why are you complaining? You could probably afford both and a TV for each so you can play Halo 3 and Killzone 2 at the same time...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom