a system that i thought would meet my expectations

Dell probably gave you a duff dell pc because you could get it cheap.tell them what you have told us that yor not happy with it and it does not perform good enough for your needs.see what they say they may offer a upgrade at the worst.or ask for a complete swap its your money they got.
Demand it back if no joy.but im sorry i have to agree AMD everytime.

money_man said:
defrag and reformatte it and see if its a better running computer, should be
I'd probably do that in the opposite order though :) Doesn't make sense to defrag then reformat. LOL

A reformat would be a way to go to rid yourself of all the additional Dell software they put on there. However, doesn't do much good if the only way to do this is by using their restore disks, which may have all the dell stuff included. Do you have an XP cd?

All-in-all though, I'd send it back and try my hand at building my own pc. Definitely would get more for your money.

Get a monster amd gaming machine. The x850xt, as good as it is, just doesn't compare with dual 6800gt's in sli config. How much did you pay for the xps? $3500? I recommend getting something like an abs, or a cyberpower gamer comp, or any of the high end pc's. Or, you can build your own pc, the better option above all. I've seen reviews for the xps gen.5 and it seems to pretty good though... are you sure you have ht on? The reviews that I read in the mag. Maximum pc (july) told of a pretty good pc. Well, then again, that one had 1tb of hd space... but still. You should be getting better performance than that! Yeah, totally, just go amd. If you need sites, let me know. Otherwise, build away! Or,if you decide to keep it, it's still a good comp. Dell.... unfortunately... sucks. I had one... *sigh* troubles one after another... but anywho...hope all goes well!

thanks for the advice people. i actually got the xps with the described system, a 5.1 surround sound system, 19 inch flat panel display, and a logitech mx518 gaming mouse, all for $2500. my processor is p4 D dual core, not ht :(. yet, i heard dual core is better than ht in the way it processes.

Well, you have turned it on, haven't you? That's the whole point... ah. It's a d. I dunno about d's. I thought it was the 840's EE with ht. Hmmmm... nice gaming mouse, btw. I have the same... well, the mx510, but almost the same. Dual core is like having 4 cpu's, but since I dunno if the pent.d has ht, i'm not sure. But if you do take it bake, just go to http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/ and get a better comp.

Dells suck. Go build your own its cheaper, better, and you actually know wtf to do when it breaks down.

Back
Top Bottom