Help with mobo

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
Ihave just installed msi k7N2 delta 2 mobo into system but when i switch the power on all i get is is power to all the drives etc but the board does not seem to boot no beep nothing. i have come accross this before with my old board but managed to get it to boot eventualy, but not this one any ideas would be very welcome

no it does not come up with anythimg on the screen as though there is no power through the board but all fans come which run off the motherboard so some power is getting through. i have also tried to clear the bios with the jumper.

Do you get anything on the screen? If not might be either the video card or monitor. Test both on either another computer or something to make sure. Unplug everything from the mother board and re-sit it. Sometimes that helps, there might be something with a loose connection. If it comes down to it try taking out the cmos battery for 10 seconds and putting it back in, sometimes that will clear any bios problems you are having. Check memory, that can also be another symptom of computer not booting.

i have managed to get to the post screen it seems the board may have been earthing against my case i took it out and reinstalled.but now i can only get to post it wont boot my hard i have two sets of windows and it cant boot any of them.not even in safe mode it just restarts will i have to reload windows

reseat the DIMMS and then the CPU as well. Also, make sure that your power connector is in ALL THE WAY. Change the RAM positions. AKA 1 and 4 sockets, 1 and 3 etc etc.

doesn't XP SP1 or SP2 sync up OS with hardware? Thought I read somewhere that one of those SP does that. In other words, if you installed a legal copy of XP with a specific serial key, that serial key is only going to work with that pc's hardware. So, if you reformat that pc without any hardware changes, you'd be fine. However, any hardware change (in this case - motherboard) would require a reformat and new key (obtaining a new key probably means a call into Microsoft). Or is it only for hard drives? I'm not sure, but I thought it was the entire hardware profile.

For me ... I dont have this problem, because I install XP Pro with a cd that does not include any service packs, then add SP2 later.

both hard drives are reconized in the bios on ide channel 0 dvd rom etc all recognized on ide channel 1 it just wont boot the drive. mobo must be ok as i get the beep post and into bios.anymore ideas.

i hope thats all it is i dont mind reloading windows as long as it all works ok.but i thought you were aloud somany upgrades before xp locked you out. how can i be sure its a hard drive issue

Back
Top Bottom