My postings

IMHO, all people here are people...

the mods are members first, mods second,

being a moderator means that you are able to get rid of the spam that has, (for so many months) been clogging up the space around here, it means that when members get a little lippy you can ask them to controll themselves or their language.

it means you have the power to remove bad members, for the good of the forum, whether they be spammers, or just very argumentative.

it's not given us the rights to do what ever, whenever we please.

I've allways believed that respect is something that must be earned and cannot be taken. There are a few people around here who are asking for respect, but not doing anything to deserve it...

I mean, BanChan, how do you ever hope to earn Maurices respect whilst you just tell him you want it?

Maurice, how do you hope to gain, or keep the respect of the other members when you post like you did to BanChan?

how can you keep up a member first mod second, when you used your mod powers to reply in a post rather than quoting as any other member would have to do?

This is a bit of a sticky wicket, on one hand, moderators, (no matter how much they do or donot want to) must command the respect of the members,
on the other hand, respect cannot be commanded and expected, so moderaors have to show themselves worthy.

Sometimes this will be by making decisive actions, telling someone when they are out of place, or just posting in a thread.

Having the name moderator under your name does not, (or at least should not) make you a target by other members.

Alternatly, joining in the community, posting in Jovial joshing type threads, generally does open you up to the community...
If I make a joke here about another member, I'd want them to take it in good humour, simillarly, if someone made a joke about me, proivded it was said in good humour I'd take it as such.

Being a part of a community, (any community) means that there will be some social banter. doesn't matter if it's a forum, a chat room or a pub.

Very well said root! :)

I will treat you (all) as a *respected*(hint hint) memeber or mod, but still respect is one of the main keys, so I expect it back and earning it back…
It goes both ways!

ie:
Maurice said:
:confused: Oh God, I didnt say I was a gal!!!, one of the p**s takers was the gal I mentioned, "gal" is part of her name, hint, hint![/QUOTE]

Maurice said:
: [& in one instance, gal, sound familiar?]
Maurice, member, not a monster!

And I didn't want to bring it up but I feel I need to..
And I quote:

*Blimey, you're quick off the mark, yes, I know about that, I PM'd him, we had a chat, & we understand each other now, [don't we, technoman?]

See how quick you can get back to me this time, 'struth, you've donei it already, haven't you got anything better to do on a weekend, get a life,....& before you say it, I've had mine!*

And to answer it ‘ life bit', I suggest you watch what you say there, you don't know how some people live there life and how it is so I think you better watch it…. its uncalled for...plus who cares if it was a quick reply, is it really a big deal?! no...i might be quicker at times...woopy!
Think before you post, it goes for everone!

I cooled off alot JUST to keep the bloody peace around here, im sick of all these banning memebers, spam, and arguments

theres my vent..

look geek or what every i am not Mark we live miles apart and i have better things to be doing then saying i am mark or what ever

Right...

Now I'll illusrate the point I was talking about earlier...

earlier when I said that respect has to be earned, I was talking as a member,

Now, I'll ask you two, (as a mod) to stop arguing...
I don't know why you are arguing, I don't care why you are arguing, just stop.

OK?

(the question mark is rhetorical).

root, ur being horrible to maurcice now, i cant fault anything he said. Just leave it out guys.

root said:
Right...

Now I'll illusrate the point I was talking about earlier...

earlier when I said that respect has to be earned, I was talking as a member,

Now, I'll ask you two, (as a mod) to stop arguing...
I don't know why you are arguing, I don't care why you are arguing, just stop.

OK?

(the question mark is rhetorical).
Just wait, I've this minute PM'd David as I said I would, this post of yours really takes the biscuit, I'll "argue", if that's what you call it, until the cows come home if I think that I'm right, I'm like a terrier at a rabbit hole.
Let's just wait & see the result, which ever way it goes, shall we?

OK, maurice, I was actually talking to Geek_Gal and technoman...

And having now also had to respond to the thread that started all of this off, I'll say this to you...

You cannot speak to people however you like without expecting them to speak to you however they like.

Everyone on here needs to calm down and chill out just a little bit... If you describe your determination to argue with other members a "like a terrier at a rabbit hole" then I suggest you log off and calm down for a while, even if that does happen to be until past the time that the "cows come home"...

If you were a regular member, you'd have recieved a firm word of warning from me,
You may have recieved a suspension ban from Setis. If you want to be treated as a member first a mod second then why don't you try acting like a member.

The point I'm trying to make is that you have a lot of life experiance, I'm going to assume that you had, (or have) a job that commands a certain level of respect, And that you come from a time when respect was expected, and if it wasn't given, punishment was instead.
Well, I'm sorry to inform you that some things have changed, This is an online forum, the anninimity of such means that age can play no part in respect. (giving taking or commanding). nor can your job. or any respect that you may be used to getting through life.

In this place, it's very much do as you would be done by. What goes around comes around and all the rest of it.

You have just sat there at your desk and ruined my attempt to do my job here and diffuse an argument...
And because of that I have lost a lot of respect for you.

To be honest, I'm not David, and I can't spek for either him or the other mods, but I can't see that he'd be best impressed with your response to my asking an argument to stop...

Member first, yes, but also moderator. it's your job to help controll arguments. not start them and tell others you'll have them whenever you damn well please.

technoman said:
look geek or what every i am not Mark we live miles apart and i have better things to be doing then saying i am mark or what ever
where did this come from? ask one of the mods to check out IP's/ISP's or whatever, i dont have a clue where this came from...

also, technoman was posting on here when i was in egypt... i dont even think they had the internet in the hotel that i was staying at, so how can i be him?

what happened to you geek_gal, you were alright when you joined, now your throwing around bull >........<

>edit<

Back
Top Bottom