a system that i thought would meet my expectations

poria

Solid State Member
I just recently picked up a dell dimension xps gen 5. Its p4 D 3.0 ghz dual core processor. 1 gig of ram at 667 mhz, 250 gb hd, radeon x850 xt platinum edition, and a creative audigy zs. My old rig was a 2.53 ghz p4 w/ a gig of ram and radeon 9800 pro w/ 80 gig hd and it seems to multitask far better than my new rig. Both rigs are from dell. I don't know why my new rig doesn't multitask well ontop of the fact that it takes a while to load firefox and other programs my old system could load faster. I'd appreciate any help, thanks all.

well, i hate to say it but, maybe because it's intel, and a dell. that is about the same response everyone will give you here at cf. but, the new system should crush your old one. i don't know what it could be.

No, the replies you will get is "Dells suck! Why did you get a dell... dont get a dell.. dell support sucks.. intels suck... get an ibuypower computer get rid of you dell"

Hmm.. thats all I've been hearing.. I'm happy with mine...

i don't know what to tell you, i'm sorry that it's not working out =( and i like dells too

well i dunno does it have all the lastest drivers and such? any spyware? ad-ware? is it full of dell crap like HP and COMPAQ do to their systems? if so get rid of that software and tehn see how it runs

Dan said:
No, the replies you will get is "Dells suck! Why did you get a dell... dont get a dell.. dell support sucks.. intels suck... get an ibuypower computer get rid of you dell"
Dells suck! Why did you get a dell... dont get a dell.. dell support sucks.. intels suck... get an ibuypower computer get rid of you dell"

ok, i said it, i would sell your new rig, and Build a AMD one!

you said too much! you have been warned about your posting and you overstepped that fine line you were walking.. This flaming and misuse of the purpose of these posts must stop 3 day ban

yea but he didnt come to find out that dells suck, that info is no good to him anymore, now we have to help him solve his problem

thank you all for the advice. i was seriously considering about returning the dell because it hasn't been 30 days yet. maybe you are right about the software that dell may load with the computer. in fact, i remember reformating my old dell and reinstalling the drivers myself and after that it ran much smoother and faster. i also do have adaware. i was thinking about making my own rig, but i got a pretty good deal on the dell, seeing on how it was 37% off ontop of E-coupons. it was an offer i couldn't refuse, but now i wonder if I could've refused it.

Back
Top Bottom