Microphone Problem

julezt

Solid State Member
I didnt get this problem fixed last time so im looking for new opinions or new help so ill just repost...

Ok i finally got my microphone working so i can talk to others online while i game. I play mostly first person shooters so the need for a microphone is pretty high to be a team player.

Im not sure if most of you are familiar with Ventrillo or Teamspeak. They are communication by microphone so you can connect to a server and speak with team mates or friends or whatever it might be. Im having a problem to which when i play my video game *first person shooter called Call of Duty* And i hold my button down to talk. The people who are in the server with me say all they hear are very loud sound effects of the game i am playing.

I proceeded to turn down the game to very very low but still they said they heard the sound effects of the game perfect and my voice was very quiet. The only solution i have found so far is totally muting my call of duty game. If there are any solutions you guys/gals could help me with i would be very appreciated.

Well, it may sound obvious, but make sure that the microphone is connected to the microphone plug and not line in or anything else. It sounds like there might be a strange hardware crossover somewhere. Or perhaps the software you are using to talk isn't configured properly.

My mic is plugged into the microphone hole *pink* and the blue line in hole is not plugged into anything. I would have a technician come out but that could cost some $$ i don't have so i was hoping you guys could help me.

Back
Top Bottom