Corsair value select ram

IrishSoldier327

Baseband Member
I have 2 x 512 sticks of dual channel corsair value select ram. I was thinking of adding another gig. Should i stick with value select or somehting better?

i think you might be best to use what you already have, as mixing could affect the efficiency of the better brand if you purchased that. i am not sure of this so please listen to some of the more experienced members comments.
woz

are you experiencing problems with your value ram, or does it seem to be slowing down your system?
if not, i wouldnt change. i have 2 gig of value select corsair ram and run games ect very quickly and smoothly. of course if you buy ram with a better latency it will perform better, but for the kind of things i do on my p.c it dont make a lot of difference.
woz

If there isn't anything wrong with them i wouldn't change. and as wozlbeak said you shouldn't mix RAM.

If you're thinking of getting rid of the old RAM, then get the new XMS ones. Keep the Value Select as spare parts for troubleshooting or sell it to someone.

Otherwise, just add another stick of Value Select to your exisiting one's.

Corsair Value Select RAM is the PWNAGE. It's the best for the price. I have 2x 512mb sticks of DDR-400/PC-3200 RAM...it's serving me very well.

2.5-3-3-5, I think. Not bad for 2x 512mb sticks that cost about $120-$130ish.

alvino said:
Corsair Value Select RAM is the PWNAGE. It's the best for the price. I have 2x 512mb sticks of DDR-400/PC-3200 RAM...it's serving me very well.

mine are also serving me very well.

Back
Top Bottom