URGENT: Wanadoo

did you try and run the cd? if it's the origional cd, it has the setup program on it. you may have to start it manually go to start > run > d:\setup (or whatever the letter is for your cd drive)

try setting it up like some of those other guys said with it hard connected with the ethernet cable.
Edit: reset the thing first before you try that

wait a minute, if you could go into your router before, you must have had the ethernet cable pluged in already.
if you hadn't got it pluged in then how did you get into the router, or am i missing something

I think you can get to the router wirelessly at first, but you're right, he didn't specify.

What model Belkin you working with Steven?

Sounds to me like you need to configure your Belkin router to have your Wanadoo username and password (PPPoA or PPPoE) within it.

There may be an option within your Wanadoo dsl modem to do either transparent bridging or un-numbered mode. Not sure how to word this, but doing either of these things would shut off most all capabilities of the modem (dhcp/NAT) and just allow the ip address you get from Wanadoo to go all the way through the modem to your router, therefore letting your router do the private addresssing.

Have you tested the modem, by just plugging a pc into it to see if you get internet? I'd imagine if you did that, default settings would would give your pc a 192.168.x.x address. Your Belkin router would have conflicts with this, if it also is issuing 192.168.x.x addresses. This is what would be considered double NAT ... which can be done, but is somewhat difficult to configure.

So this is why I suggest finding out if you can set up your dsl modem to act as a transparent bridge or use un-numbered mode to allow your ISP issued ip address to reach your Belkin router. Hope this makes sense.

***edit*** If I remember right, in un-numbered mode, your Wanadoo username and password is still stored on your dsl modem, therefore wouldnt need to be configured in your Belkin router. Transparent bridging ... you need to configure your Belkin router with Wanadoo's PPPoA or PPPoE username and password. So ... guess the best way would be to go with un-numbered mode or your modem's equivalent.

Holy crap! I was way off on what you're having problems with. I thought you were working with 2 separate machines rather than a adsl modem with a built-in wireless router.
Do you have a papersheet that has your PPPoA (or PPPoE) information on it ... username & password?
If after reset the modem/router to default factory settings you're still unable to connect to the internet, it must have something to do with your PPPoA or PPPoE username and password. I just read in the manual for that model and basically after entering that information in the initial set up you should be good to go. Perhaps Wanadoo sent incorrect information to you. Have you given them a call to assist you in this matter?
Check the status screen page of the modem/router to see what firmware version it is running. Perhaps there is a firmware update.
If it needs updating, try it. If that doesn't work, then I would think either you got a bad modem/router or the microfilter is bad.

click firmware update under utilities along the left menu bar somewhere in the modem/router config screen.

'Course this wont work until you get your router working ... shoot! This is some predicament you're in.

Back
Top Bottom