Dell Dimension 3000

Well if Dells are better than compaq in your point of view.. that must mean that Dell is better than HP too.. Compaq is made by HP... Thats why They're called HP Compaq... so.. yea

I bvelieve that Dell was going to switch over to AMD bit by bit but Intel was threatening. I think Dell is taking a part in the Intel prosecution.

Can I also add, that no matter how nice you gaming machin is, if that's what your using it for(I'm talking about the dell one), you will never get to keep up with next gen games, because once you buy a dell, your never going SLI, because of Intel LOLROFLLMAO!

Syn7ax 3rror said:
Can I also add, that no matter how nice you gaming machin is, if that's what your using it for(I'm talking about the dell one), you will never get to keep up with next gen games, because once you buy a dell, your never going SLI, because of Intel LOLROFLLMAO!

SLI isn't going to boost your performance in games as much as getting a better graphics card in most cases.

AND GET IT THROUGH YOUR MINDS (I'm starting to get ticked) HE ISN'T GOING TO GAME A LOT. HE MENTIONED A COUPLE OF GAMES. HE DIDN'T MENTION THE TOP GAMES. SO THE AMD ISN'T GOING TO BE BETTER AND SAME WITH A BETTER GRAPHICS CARD.

Please read the posts carefully and pay attention before you start saying Dell sucks. Or any company for that matter.

The big bone to pick I have with dell is that although their computers have always been overpriced, their support used to be incredible making the extra $300ish worth it. The support has plummeted. I recently had a client who's power supply died in a two year old dell. Of course I come out to test it, and sure enough it was a power supply, well I just planned to put an extra one in, but of course it was one of the thin dells where the power supply didn't fit. So he has an expensive small business on-site support contract with dell. Geuss where his call gets routed after a 45 minute hold - to the india. Nothing against that, but the guy was reading out of a script and couldn't understand a word my client was saying. After 45 minutes of arguing with the person half way around the world, about how the problem had already been diagnosed he finally gets to a manager who he argued with for another 15ish minutes till he finally got transfered to america and got the tech sent out. This isn't how you treat a small business customer with an expensive support contract who has a pre-diagnosed problem. It did make for an interesting story while configuring their sonic wall firewall :) And, in about a year when they upgrade I think I know who they'll be buying from too (me). Anyways, I hear stories like that all the time about dell, haven't dealt with them for about 2 years since that happened to a family member and I was on the phone dealing with the bozos.

Anyways your specific config - the hard drive is a little puny with the amount hard drives cost right now (pennies a gig), and I think an SATA drive would be in order. Also a tad bit of future proofing - make sure it has PCI Express. I'm positive I can top that system for the price - if interested shoot me a PM, or look at some smaller companies with good reviews they tend to give you the best bang for the buck. Also, I can guaruntee 5 years of english speaking technical support from a Microsoft Certified Professional. I'm not 24/7/365, but pretty close to it :)

Might I suggest you email me, and for 999$, I will build you a KICK ASS gaming PC that will make that Dell 3000 Dimensional Anomally look like stone age technology from the Flinstones. I ship to all NORTH AMERICA including canada and Mexico. BANG! :D

DarkBlade Computer LLC! :D Bring on the edge of technology, slice through your friends crap, and cut through gaming! :D I love catchy motos!

My website isn't up, but if you email me or PM me, I will be more then happy to set you up with a kick ass gaming PC!

or PM me on here.

or add me to MSN

No you may not suggest this. It is advertising and will not be tolerated. This is a warning. I edited your links out.

DarkBlade said:
Might I suggest you email me, and for 999$, I will build you a KICK ASS gaming PC that will make that Dell 3000 Dimensional Anomally look like stone age technology from the Flinstones. I ship to all NORTH AMERICA including canada and Mexico. BANG! :D

DarkBlade Computer LLC! :D Bring on the edge of technology, slice through your friends crap, and cut through gaming! :D I love catchy motos!

My website isn't up, but if you email me or PM me, I will be more then happy to set you up with a kick ass gaming PC!

>edited Links<

or PM me on here.

or add me to MSN
[/QUOTE]Ok, I am going to try and not flip out. Do any of you read the posts before you post? HE DOESN'T WANT A GAMING MACHINE. So don't build him one. Intel has better multitasking. With the type of stuff he is doing he needs a good multitasking CPU not a gaming one.

Intel USED to be better for multitasking. Hyper threading was god for that, but now that AMD came out with the X2 - two cores beats one core for multithreading, no matter what type of software tricks intel does to make more logical processors, their is only one physical processor.

Starr said:
Ok, I am going to try and not flip out. Do any of you read the posts before you post? HE DOESN'T WANT A GAMING MACHINE. So don't build him one. Intel has better multitasking. With the type of stuff he is doing he needs a good multitasking CPU not a gaming one.

and it's not when $999...

So no.. he dont read the posts.. >_<

ajschwab2004 said:
Also would it be ble to play EA Sport's NHL 2005 and Madden NFL 2005 PC games on it?

Apparently you guys don't read.... THOSE ARE WHAT WE MIGHT CALL GAMES HERE AT COLLEGE... then again, I could be wrong. And yes, Intel is WORTHLESS in all aspects... AMD beats them in design, power usage, and temps, and efficiency. I challenge ANY Intel user on this site to a multitasking compition, and I will even use my bros AMD 3800+ SanDiego core based PC with a single 7800GTX. BRING IT! :D

Intel sux... Dell sux... PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION. There is no rebutle. So why don't you go read my posts of the past and find that Intel is a worthless "investment" and is more dollar/bit then ANY AMD. Go suck on that supercell Starr. :D

Back
Top Bottom