lexmark problem

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
i got myself a lexmark x1180 printer a few months ago.
i have never been happy with the print quality.
just lately it goes through the motions of printing but nothing goes onto the paper!
i have been through the trouble shooters which don't help.
so yesterday i got out my cleaning solution and cleaned the interface conectors on the cartridge, then i cleaned the interface on the printer. when i tried to print i got a perfect printout. i thought i had solved the problem, but 1hr later i was back to square 1!!! the fluid i used apears to have caused a good connection between the cartridge and the printer. but once it has evapourated, no connection. i did it again and again, a good printout. but once again after a while, the printout deteriorates then vanishes.
any one experienced this before?
and don't bother telling me that lexmark sucks, cause i know it allready lol.
woz

It sounds like the ink is drying inside the cartridge and clogging things up. This would be more likely if you refill your cartridges as certain inks might be more susceptible to this. There also might be a leak somewhere letting air in and drying out the ink. You might also just be simply running out of ink. I suggest getting new Lexmark cartridges. Or a new printer.

the cartridge is brand new. and a lexmark original.
when i say i clean the connectors, i mean the electrical conectors between the cartridge and the printer, not the nozzels where the ink comes from.
the damn thing will only work when i clean the electrical conectors. i think that without the dampness of the cleaning fluid, that the connection does not happen. so while the damp fluid is on the conectors it works, but once dry it does not work.
woz

I hate Lexmark...

At any rate it's time to get a liitle more physical with the printer.
from a local art shop obtain a gum eraser. It a block eraser for charcoal pencils. Remove the cartridge and rub the eraser over the printer cartridge contacts and on the ink cartdrige contacts. You have a slight corrosion problem and it works when the contacts are wet reducing the resistance the corrosion is making. The printer heats up the ink pressurizing the cartridge which makes the ink come out. If the contacts are resistive to start with the printer gets a bogus signal and it thinks everything is just wonderful.
I have an X73 all in one and a Z1100 which make excellent door props...

If that doesn't work, then you want to buy a new printer. It's going to cost you too much to replace the hardware than buying a new HP printer. There are nice printers for under $50 at Newegg.

i will try to get some type of electrical contact lubricant, if there is such a thing.
cheers for suggestions, but i have an hp printer for a chok under the wheels of my focker wolf!
i might try cannon next time lol.
woz

yep...

I have to agree there. Lexmark makes them so inexspencive nowdays that unless it's one of the highend model it's just not cost effective to repair them. However if you do wind up getting another one Cannon makes some nice stuff and so does Epson. A thing to look for is multiple color cartridges it's cheaper in the long run to be able to replace just the color that has run out than to replace one whole cartridge that still has unused ink.

Back
Top Bottom