Building a Computer

winterfreshpwnz said:
no problem dude, yeah I definitely don't think it'll cost you anymore than say 700 since I know a little more about the stuff you're doing on it. Just get like a decent P4 maybe 3.2ghz or so and then a 80GB hdd, then for the video card get something to the level of a 9600XT. I wouldn't mind helping you pick out parts too if you needed it so yeah.

Dont recommend PURE EVIL that is overpriced... it is BULL CRAP... INTEL= BULL CRAP. Even their measly Pentium D processor is but a waste of time in comparison to the Athlon64s, excluding the AthlonX2s BTW. Go with AMD, they are faster and ALL AROUND BETTER.

lol darkblade did you hear the stuff he was doing though? I mean trust me I'm with you all the way on AMD you should know that, but Intel in this situation I think would be a better choice since he's gonna be running tons of programs and hyperthreading will really come in handy for the stuff he's doing. Amd would do fine too, but Intel would do a little better in this situation IMO.

edit: by the way when the duck did you get your new comp??? You usually would make a new topic, but I didn't see anything. Anyway, as you probably already know, it's a freakin monster!!

winterfreshpwnz said:
lol darkblade did you hear the stuff he was doing though? I mean trust me I'm with you all the way on AMD you should know that, but Intel in this situation I think would be a better choice since he's gonna be running tons of programs and hyperthreading will really come in handy for the stuff he's doing. Amd would do fine too, but Intel would do a little better in this situation IMO.

Hyperthreading isn't used in developer consoles like that... And BTW, who said the Athlon64s and X2s can't multitask? Shall I time how long it take me to open my ENTIRE control panel (37 items).... 5 secs.. THAT IS ALL. Any P4 peeps care to challenge? :D Intel is good in NO situation at this point in time. AMD Athlon 64 Processors are better because:

They process threads faster becuase of reduced pipeline construction.

They directly access the RAM using the R4 silicon based Integrated I/O DIMM (SO DIMM for Turion and Mobile Athlon64) for blazing multitasking and high efficiency.

They run direct SSE3 instruction sets for optomized speeds in strenuous tasking such as graphics porting and compiling.

They run significantly cooler then ALL Intel chips. As a result, it is proven they last longer and have a significantly longer silicon transistor degradation scale.

The AthlonX2s feature SMTP (AMDs version of HT, but far more efficient), known as Similtaneous Multi Thread Processing

They are not nearly as expensive because AMD doesn't need to worry about monopoly maintaince pricing and threating companies to carry their products.. unlike a company I know of... -*cough*INTEL!!*cough*

AMDs stocks are going UP very very fast, and Intels are crumbling.... :( oh wait.. I am being sarcastic and sardonic.. Im not sad!! MUHAHAH!!!

I just upgraded this PC about 5 days ago, it is not fully tuned yet, so no 3DMark03/05 scores for you. THx for the compliements.

lol but dude you're talking about the best amd has to offer against the best intel has to offer. This guy can't afford those kinds of cpu's. Now maybe you're right about the hyper threading, I'm not gonna say I'm more knowledgeable than you so if you say I'm wrong about something, chances are I'm wrong. But I just felt that Intel (the kind of Intels and AMDs he can afford) was better for the stuff he needed to do. I mean I know AMD can generally run single applications better and so on, but I thought he would be doing lots of programs at once so Intel would be the wiser choice and he isn't even playing many games (or power hungry games at that). But hey feel free to prove me wrong, which I know you can do, lol.

DarkBlade said:
Hyperthreading isn't used in developer consoles like that... And BTW, who said the Athlon64s and X2s can't multitask? Shall I time how long it take me to open my ENTIRE control panel (37 items).... 5 secs.. THAT IS ALL. Any P4 peeps care to challenge? :D Intel is good in NO situation at this point in time. AMD Athlon 64 Processors are better because:

They process threads faster becuase of reduced pipeline construction.

They directly access the RAM using the R4 silicon based Integrated I/O DIMM (SO DIMM for Turion and Mobile Athlon64) for blazing multitasking and high efficiency.

They run direct SSE3 instruction sets for optomized speeds in strenuous tasking such as graphics porting and compiling.

They run significantly cooler then ALL Intel chips. As a result, it is proven they last longer and have a significantly longer silicon transistor degradation scale.

The AthlonX2s feature SMTP (AMDs version of HT, but far more efficient), known as Similtaneous Multi Thread Processing

They are not nearly as expensive because AMD doesn't need to worry about monopoly maintaince pricing and threating companies to carry their products.. unlike a company I know of... -*cough*INTEL!!*cough*

AMDs stocks are going UP very very fast, and Intels are crumbling.... :( oh wait.. I am being sarcastic and sardonic.. Im not sad!! MUHAHAH!!!

I just upgraded this PC about 5 days ago, it is not fully tuned yet, so no 3DMark03/05 scores for you. THx for the compliements.

I knew that was coming,LOL.

lmao, and I totally agree with it, I really do hope those scumbags at Intel get nailed for keeping AMD out of the market like that. Freaking Dell is the best example too, I mean even their "gaming" desktop was using a P4, I mean come on, it's gettin ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom