I <3 Steam

The_Necromancer1

Daemon Poster
I love Steam. You hear a lot of people complaining about steam, and you see these hilarious .gifs, of Steam trying to connect but i Find it one of the best things to happen to gaming. Friday i realized i have not played HL 1 or 2. So i decided to. I already have a steam account (CS) so i just sign On, and DL Half-Life Source. In Nine minutes it is ready to play, i did not even have to install it. Who cool is that!, plus with a Steam account you have access to all former games they have made. It is amazing. Then to top it off the games they produce, are amazing! I know there have been some problems, but me personally have never had any problems with it!

what are your experiences and how do you feel about Steam?!?!?!??!?

note: i played HL 1 from 7:39 to 6:30 with one stop, eheheheheh.

I love steam also. i havn't had any problems with it. the part i love most is that you don't have to put the CD in everytime you go to play. i wish all games started doing stuff like steam. the only bad thing about that would be if your internet was down you couldn't play your games.

well, if you dont have the internet, chances are you either dont have a PC or it T4 suk0rs!, and if you hasve Dial-up, you should probalbly will run into the same problem! What i like is that you can Pre-load games B/f they come out! so you dont have to go to the store or anything!!!!

I liked the WON system better. The only thing Steam has over it is it is better for patching. But there are a ton of people who are having problems getting patches from Steam.

I played on servers with WON and I had a ping or roughly 20-40 now it is 90+.

The games before Steam also ran without the CD so that is nothing new.

It is a resource HOG! Holy crap! Steam itself uses a lot of resources.

I had some major problems with memory issues throughout Steam.

It is an OK program, but I liked the WON system better.

i like steam, i like the fact that my cd ky cant be stolen and have cheating pirating scums bags play the game properly thanks to steam

on the game not i no what you mean, i bought hl2 and hl1 and now i have acess to around 8 games old and new. i have never had a single problem with steam

as for those without the internet you can play on a network of in offline mode but it doesn say on the box as one of the specifications that an internet connection is needed

i like the idea but it needs improvement cuz i want to be able to play my games without having to have internet. even if i dont play my games offline i still want to be able to have the ability

Yeah I like it too and haven't experienced problems with it, it does kind of suck that you can't play unless you have internet, but if you're like me and you have cable then you don't need to worry. ;)

matt said:
i like steam, i like the fact that my cd ky cant be stolen and have cheating pirating scums bags play the game properly thanks to steam

WOW, well it can be cracked, i started to play a not so legal copy of HL2 bt i decided to buy a Steam account and never go back to HL@ b/c of Chaos theroy and KotOR and such. And if you think i am a Scum bag thats fine, but i am a bloody smart scum bag!

Back
Top Bottom