Post your 3DMark01SE, 3DMark03, and 3DMark05 Scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Norton, but there are members here that are using it. On a side note, I disabled all my overclock and went to stock. California weather got as high as 106 degrees out and our house don't have AC. My computer was cooking at 48 degrees idling and whenever I do something, it goes up into the 50's. That's the CPU.

I went to stock and dropped the Vcore to 1.5, reduce RAM timings, went back to stock GPU frequency, and stock PCIe clock. Significant 7 degrees drop in temperature.

During the winter time, it's ok to overclock because overall ambient temp is much, much cooler. Just not now. Too hot out. That's my expeience with overclocking. It's fun to get a high 3dmark score but if it's going to result in your PC going bad, then that's a whole other reason.

Do you live inland Cali? I live in the bay area and its not that hot. The past two days were hotter than usual though.

well ladies i got the 77.30 drivers from my BF2 c.d and it brought my video card up to 9142 from 9018 so thats pretty good for only a driver change. oh yea 6600gt pci-ex

ownage said:
Do you live inland Cali? I live in the bay area and its not that hot. The past two days were hotter than usual though.

That's why. Bay area isn't known to have sweltering heat like in the Inland Empire. Today, weather got as high as 105 degrees!!!

Yeah, the inlands are really hot. I was already sweating like a fountain at a swim meet today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom