Computer reboots over and over again

well that explains why we were confused! I always wondered what a sata drive was... guess now I know.

It doesn't seem likely that it's his power supply.... two hard drives don't take that much power do they?

It might be enough to push the system off the edge,lol. it has for mine when i installed a second HDD.i had a 350watt and i had to upgrade.

I tried it again, and this time another drive does show up on My Computer, but it says it's a DVD drive.

EDIT: Never mind. That one seems to be showing up now whether the drive is plugged in or not.

I've been reading up on other forums about why my old computer seems to freeze up starting Safe Mode, and a lot of people talk about using Recovery Console by booting off the Windows CD. Unforunately, I don't think it came with a Windows CD, just a recovery CD that wants to format the drive. :mad:

maybe if you know of a friend who has a computer that supports ATA drives he/she would let you use it to transfer your files. just an idea.

About Repairing it with recovery console and such, I wouldn't risk it. I think its possible for you to loose data that way.

Am I the only one that noticed that the names and IP address you used matches these.

spankfusion
spankythedog
spank_fission
spank_flavored
spank_fusion
spank_fyusion

That's a permanent ban again...

Back
Top Bottom