IEEE1394/FIREWIRE Question

Kage said:
Yeah, you need connections (pin headers) on the motherboard for the one on the case to go to, to allow you to connect digital cameras, etc.

This means looking for a connection on the motherboard which reads "IEEE" and would have a wire going from the case socket to that to allow for a connection.

If you don't have a connection on the motherbord then the one on the case becomes almost useless, but yuo can simply buy a firewire card to fit into a free PCI slot on the motherboar to allow for a firewire connection which would probably include some USB2.0 ports too, to allow other data devices access to the PC.

I hope this helps :)

Could you give a me a link to a good firewire card thing please?

You can still get the PC case in case you get a new motherboard in the future that have those firewire pin headers on them. The case itself may have ports for firewire convienence, but you don't necessarily have to use them.

That card would only work if ou had a MAC OS computer, as in detailed specifications, it says

Operating Systems Supported - Mac OS X 10.2.5 or Greater

That type of thing is right though, and i'd suggest looking for one with usb 2.0 ports as well as firewire :)

only suggested the other because of the additional USB 2.0 ports. But that one would work ... I think I've even installed a few of that particular model in some machines. haven't heard any complaints about 'em.

Back
Top Bottom