IEEE1394/FIREWIRE Question

mslpanthers

Baseband Member
Alrighty here it goes.

I'm moving my old emachines computer to a new ATX ASPIRE CASE (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16811144095)

Now this new case has a firewire port on the front. My current case does not have one.

My question is: Does it have to have something built in the comp to use firewire or can i plug a firewire in to this new port and it will work?

much thanks

no they have to be built into the motherboards you will need to buy a new board to have Firewire, do you have a firewire port on your computer at the min?

do you know the make of it i do some research

Yeah, you need connections (pin headers) on the motherboard for the one on the case to go to, to allow you to connect digital cameras, etc.

This means looking for a connection on the motherboard which reads "IEEE" and would have a wire going from the case socket to that to allow for a connection.

If you don't have a connection on the motherbord then the one on the case becomes almost useless, but yuo can simply buy a firewire card to fit into a free PCI slot on the motherboar to allow for a firewire connection which would probably include some USB2.0 ports too, to allow other data devices access to the PC.

I hope this helps :)

it says:

eMachines is known for its inexpensive systems, and at $901, the T1862 is at the higher end of its line. The Intel Celeron processor made this system woefully slow on our benchmark tests compared with other systems reviewed here. Although this basic box includes six USB 2.0 ports, it LACKS both a DVD drive and a FireWire port. The 104-key keyboard is so vanilla it doesn't even have a Suspend key; a new one bristling with extras is due next year. The software bundle is old (Microsoft Works 2000 instead of 2002, lacking Word), or it duplicates itself (Internet Explorer and Netscape, Money and Quicken), or it's a trial version (AOL, McAfee VirusScan) or a free download (RealPlayer, Adobe Acrobat Reader, BigFix client).

see it says it LACKS a firewire

Back
Top Bottom