Xbox 360 VS PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly my point Dishdog. Japan, Europe, and the US have been three big countries in the sales of these systems so I don't know why that would change in the next-gen. And to say that Japan is small and won't play a huge role is rather ridiculous.

winterfreshpwnz said:
What does that have to do with anything, it doesn't take away from the fact that they will sell those kind of numbers, so I don't really see the point you're trying to make. And I'm not sure what you mean by "only Japan", that was one of the countries that really helped Sony in sales with the PS2. I mean if you're gonna say that Japan won't play a role in the sales of this next-gen then wow.

My point is that some people only would buy the PS3 simply because it's made by Sony, or that it's the successor to the PS2. It's like how people suddenly buy iPods simplay because of the new "fad". The thing is that people these days don't research what they're buying, they just buy it simply because it's made by Sony.

Ever heard of something called "North America" or "Europe"?

winterfreshpwnz said:
Exactly my point Dishdog. Japan, Europe, and the US have been three big countries in the sales of these systems so I don't know why that would change in the next-gen. And to say that Japan is small and won't play a huge role is rather ridiculous.

Japan is small compared to North America and Europe.

OK, but you still aren't getting the point. I assume you go to gaming boards/sites such as gamefaqs, gamespot, ign and such, so you should know that NA, Europe, and Japan are the three main countries in the sales of the systems. If you wanna sit there and deny that then fine by me, but it's true. Japan being small compared to those two means something to you? Cuz if so then apparently you're saying xbox 360 will sell more in NA and Europe, which I doubt. And I get your point now about the previous post, but that still has nothing to do with how much money each system will make. I mean I never said they were gonna sell more in Japan cuz it was a better system so you really didn't need to prove anything to me to begin with. Why they will buy the system doesn't matter. Hell, they could just be so rich they feel like spending their money and PS3 happens to be the most expensive so they wanna buy it, but that's not relevant to the fact that PS3 will end up with the most units sold. You can give whatever reason ya want, the fact is it will sell more in Japan, whatever the reason.

winterfreshpwnz said:
OK, but you still aren't getting the point. I assume you go to gaming boards/sites such as gamefaqs, gamespot, ign and such, so you should know that NA, Europe, and Japan are the three main countries in the sales of the systems.

You shouldn't assume, it makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me",lol.

The basic thing is that the PS3 will rule in japan,lol.

I never said that had anything to do with how much money each will make, read my goddamn post. The main reason it will sell more in Japan is because Sony is a big brand name in Japan. Mind you, Sony is based in Japan. It's like how Apple, Microsoft, Intel, etc are big brand names in the US.

EDIT>>> Xbox 360 Launch Date: November 4, 2005

http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGuGPrLGrr07140635

And yes, xbox365.com is a legit site.

Sony is also a big brand name in US. thats the edge i think they have. they are known world wide as a big brand name. Microsoft is too for windwos though.

I know what you are saying, but I'm saying there wasn't any reason for it. The point was that they would sell more in Japan, not why or how or anything, just that they would. And Sony may not be as big here as in Japan, but I'm pretty sure they have more support throughout Canada and the US, etc. than microsoft.

Meh. Sony (or Ken Kutaragi) can brag all they want about the PS3's raw speed, but it all goes down to the games, customization, online services, features etc. And THAT is where Microsoft has Sony nailed. Especially in online services with the uber 1337 Xbox Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom