Running a Mac OSX disc inside an XP Laptop???

Wolf_22

Solid State Member
Okay... I burnt a Mac OSX disc with cloneCD and then tried to run it inside my XP laptop. Obviously, it didn't work, but I was wondering if there is a program out there that has the ability to take care of this? I would think that if the actual program that I burnt DIDN'T burn, there wouldn't be any content on the disc, however, there is. SO, does anyone know of a program?

Thanks

I dont think it would work anyways on a PC.. The disk is made for a PPC (PowerPC, Mac) not a PC...

I've burnt discs before in a Mac and have ran them in an XP machine, but you mean to tell me that there is no program out there that can READ from an OS X burnt disc? Seems like the hardest part would be to burn it instead of simply reading it...

Thanks for your input though. Does anyone else have any info about this? I tried using a program called "MacDrive", but it only let me change formats, not read... Long story, but it didn't work.

Any idea how to install that technoman? I just downloaded both the .zip's and neither really seemed to do anything...

sorry mate i have not got a clue me and my mate (both excellent on computers) could not work it out. We tried everything but we got a message about something to do with a partition unsure what to do we gave up. Sorry it was a long time a go.

Please don't give up i am off to check out the site and see if anything has changed.

Well it's nice to finally come across a site that actually tries to help with issues! Don't worry, as long as someone is trying to help me, I sure won't give up.

Yeah, I tried that site, downloaded both programs in which I tried to unzip and install, and both didn't do much. I'm going to try and prowl around the net for some sort of program out there and see whats up with them. I'll be checking this thread frequently though, and thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom