WOAH! Is this a scam??

It's for pre-approved people. I wouldn't trust it though. But what does this have to do with computers?

"For Sale / Trade (6 Viewing)
This for is for ANYTHING you may wish to sell / trade."

FYI, I shot them an email because I was curious:

This is what you should have seen right away ... let us know if you are interested, and if you want to preview our promo first before deciding! Also I wanted to let you know that in addition to the great savings and bonuses in this offer, we can also save you an ADDITIONAL 2-5% on your Amazon order!
---
This is an automated response to help answer common questions as quickly as possible. If it does NOT answer your question simply reply to this e-mail and we will do our best to give you a speedy reply! We'll try to reply within 2 hours from 9am-5pm Pacific time Mon-Fri (and on-and-off over the weekend).
---

Hi! Thanks for inquiring about our auction listing.

PLEASE NOTE: We're sorry, but there is an absolute strict limit of one promo offer per household!

To be approved to bid on this auction you just have to express interest in completing the special promotional offer described below. Let's get straight to the facts without any baloney sales pitch so you can decide if it's worth your 5 minutes (obviously if you ask us or anyone who's tried it they'll tell you YES! :)

THE FACTS:
- You will receive a $60 Amazon gift certificate via e-mail
- Your total cost will be $30 - not a penny more
- You will have a chance to *WIN MORE MONEY*!
- It will take you about 5 minutes to sign up for the promo offer

That's it. There is no "catch" ... really. How can there be no catch? Nothings free, right? Well, obviously not. This promotion is designed to attract new customers to the site being promoted. There is NO obligation for you to remain a customer or continue to use their service. There is NO membership you'll need to cancel. NO Columbia house-style negative option crap. Nothing. Just sign up and try them out. Consider this an advertising campaign ... it's a lot cheaper than a Super Bowl ad! :)

To get pre-approved to bid, reply and let us know you're interested. Once you've been approved and bid, then to complete the promotion you will just follow these steps:
1) Sign up at the promo site for $30 (and send us a few specific details we request to verify this)
2) Receive a $60 Amazon gift certificate (usually within minutes!)
3) Try to win even more money! Spend your certificate on Amazon!

These are the exact steps you will go through - spend $30 and get $60 + more! Please note that step 1 DOES serve as payment for the auction.

Reply to get pre-approved and for detailed instructions with a link to complete or preview the promotion without any committment.

Here's a testimonial from a satisfied customer (this offer was slightly different with a $75 certificate split into a $50 and $25, but other than that it was identical):
"I just used your Amazon code, which works ... I made $85 ($50 gift code + $35 won), and now I'll be getting the $25 Gift code ... for a grand total of $110 made ... Nice doing business with you!"

That's right, this happy customer MADE $110 profit! - they spent $50 and got back $160 in Amazon certificates and winnings (that's $75 in certificates and $35 of winnings plus their original $50 back)!

Be sure to check out our 100% positive feedback (our feedback has even more examples of lucky winners!)
http://webvader-feedback.notlong.com
and please check the FAQ section below to see if any questions you have have already been answered.

Thanks!
-webvader.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
===========================
Q-1: WILL IT COST ME MORE MONEY, TIME, OR WILL I GET SPAM OR ANYTHING?
Q-2: HOW CAN I TRUST THIS PROMOTION?
Q-3: ARE YOU SURE IT WILL NOT COST ME MORE THAN $30?
Q-4: WHAT ARE THE DETAILS ON THE GIFT CERTIFICATES?
Q-5: I'M *CANADIAN*, ARE THESE CERTIFICATES GOOD AT AMAZON.CA?

The full answers to these FAQs can be found here:
http://promo-faq.notlong.com , but quick summary answers are:
1 - Nope.
2 - We use eBay, check our feedback. After this transaction we can exchange feedback. Our goal is 100% satisfaction.
3 - Absolutely!
4 - Use them to buy almost anything sold directly on Amazon.com
5 - No, but you have the option to choose a $70 CAD certificate for use at Amazon.ca instead of the $60 USD Amazon.com one.

For more detailed answers click here:
http://promo-faq.notlong.com

COPYRIGHT NOTICE:
All contents of this e-mail are original.
Copyright (c) 2004-2005 web_vader. All rights reserved.

Please report *ANY* copyright violations (which are in direct violation of eBay's policies) to webvader@gmail.com
Thank you!

aaron12345 said:
THE FACTS:
- You will receive a $60 Amazon gift certificate via e-mail
- Your total cost will be $30 - not a penny more
- You will have a chance to *WIN MORE MONEY*!
- It will take you about 5 minutes to sign up for the promo offer

Keyword "chance". Also try and keep posts under 200 words.

Back
Top Bottom