DLL Querie

weegeieboi

Beta member
Greetings & Salutations!
I'm wondering if any of the peeps here can help a novice to computers?
I was using Ashampoo Winoptimizer to clear out redundant DLL files.......now the optimizer found files that are three years old.....I've only had my computer for a year....I'm thinking the shop has sold me a second hand system as a new one......I did add new RAM (which was 2nd hand).....could this be why these old files are on my system?, It would help to know before starting any unneccesary wars with the retailer!!
thanks in advance
;o)

Some files such as system files will show the date they were created not when they were installed.

Thanks for quick reply PER.......thing is loads of DLL's are showing up from 2002 & 2003 & only got the system in 2004?

Ok...

Like per said it is when the file was created not when you loaded or called the dll in to use. As for multiple copies in use showing up, The system has different background and forground programs running that will call for their own copy of the dll file. Don't erase anything or you may not like what happends next...
Oh by the way Ashampoo is some very dangerous software. There are not enough safeties built in to the program.

I agree with Seti. I have been around this stuff for years and I won't just Trust ashampoo to do a blind deletion of files. Any one you want to delete requires some research as to what it does to what and for what.

Back
Top Bottom