explain

I heard it was pretty easy to configure for things like that...personally never used it, but heard it was a great program....me I am into freebies so I don't play with a lot of the purchased stuff.
Seti posted at the same time I did but him being a MOD he gets priority posting (LMAO)

I like free as well, but some of the good stuff is not. I will not be updating Diskeeper anytime soon to the latest versions though.

I think with file sizes getting larger by the day, its important to keep fragmentation levels under check to minimize problems like crashes, freezes or system slow down. Yes, making it a part of of regular system maintenance will lend stability to the system. Its hassle free with the automatic software doing the job efficiently in the background even when the system is running.

But doesn't degragmenting all the time hurts the hard drive in the long run?

I don't care anyways because I can always get another one no problem. Yeah, I run mine at least once a month now. I move so many files in and out that it gets very fragmented and I can definitely see the slowdown. Windows are harder to open which can result in "Program Not Responding" at times. Especially when I'm doing heavy duty stuff. I analyzed my C drive and the bar is like all red!!! I'm going to do it right now as a matter of fact..

Also perfectdisk is a good program.
Marshillboy-It doesn't delete any files. It reorganizes the file system.

Back
Top Bottom