is it possible to connect two computers?

maanico1

In Runtime
example: can i connect my laptop to a desktop via a usb cable to transfer files like how any usb peripheral connects thru windows xp...

problem is, my buddy (desktop) doesnt have high speed so transferring by internet wouldnt be smart, and i was kinda hoping to do it without the neeed for any new peripherals besides normal cables... (stores are closed and i kinda needed to do it tonite)

Whoa guy...

Not just any usb cable is going to work. In the first place it has to have matching plugs on both ends and that special chip in one end of it. In other words you have to use a usb data transfer cable. Available at most computer stores or online for under 40 USD.

maanico1 said:
problem is, my buddy (desktop) doesnt have high speed so transferring by internet wouldnt be smart, and i was kinda hoping to do it without the neeed for any new peripherals besides normal cables... (stores are closed and i kinda needed to do it tonite)
I am not sure as to what you are trying to do but you can remove the friends hdd and slave it to your machine and transfer files that way.

Back
Top Bottom