first boot help

jfielder

Solid State Member
I just finished building a new comp.
i have a GIGABYTE GA-K8NS Ultra-939, 1g of ram, Radeon 9800PRO 128MB, AMD Athlon 64 3000+ ] 800MHz, 160GB 7200 RPM HD.

When i try to boot the computer everythings sounds like its boots, every fan is running including the heatsink and graphics card fan, and it sounds like the HD is working. But...there is no display on my monitor. I know the monitor is fine because i have used it on another comp.

Please help

Recheck the video card to see that it is firmly seated in the slot. Then check the plug connectors to make sure that you didn't bend a pin when pluing in the monitor.
If still has issue I would substitute the vid card and see if it comes up at all .

i made sure the card was in place, but nothing new...i dont have a compatible card to try in the computer

No beeps could mean a faulty or misinstalled cpu fan or a bad rail in the psu. There are 5 rails and anyone of them may cause this.

i reinstalled the heatsink and cpu fan and looked at the rails and they look fine

" I looked at the rails" The rails are the 5 voltage circuits from the psu. There are 5 taps off the transformer in the psu. You can lose one circuit without losing the other 4 then some units will operate and others won't.

Back
Top Bottom