windows tweaks::update okay?

RoyalT

Solid State Member
Hello All,

I haven't updated windows ina while and my pc is running good; but I have a few tweaks and patches that I have installed and I was wondering if I need to reverse these before I update again??

I have heard that your pc can crash with these installed...any comments and suggestions welcome.
Thanks,

ok, there should be no problems if you was to install the updates. But it depends on how long ago you updated them, SP1 or SP2? and also what patches have you got?

regards
Matt

I have a patch installed to my system32 folder to allow me to use 3rd party visual styles for appearances. That is the only patch, the other are tweaks.
I changed my boot screen in safe mode by overriding the default boot image. Also I went into registry and changed login screen to different image.
I backed up both files, but it would be a pain to reverse this stuff, that's great if I could just update it how it is. I wait to hear from you again before I try and update, oh and it is sp1 on windows xp home.
Thanks for help,

ok that is fine for you to update! you will have to install SP2, thats a big file, so be patient!

matt

Alright thanks Matt, I will go ahead and update then :)
Also thanks per for that link, some good info on there, I will have to install sp2...I've been holding off for a while because of all the problems that can occur.
Trace

Back
Top Bottom